Sovereign vs X-Terra

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a spell checker at the bottom.

No the X-terras are not as versatile as the Sov. GT. The x-70 now is up to the task, but it isn't hip mountable and sucks at wading shallow water fresh or salt.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
There is a spell checker at the bottom.

No the X-terras are not as versatile as the Sov. GT. The x-70 now is up to the task, but it isn't hip mountable and sucks at wading shallow water fresh or salt.
Sandman ..Barber... The X-terra 70 i s a good gold detector and from what i read the..Sovereign.. is really not a gold detector.It can be used for gold but is not as good as the X70...Minelab has the X70 listed as a Gold detector..................But the Sovereign is still the detector of my choice....................==Jim==

Willy

Actually, I wade with my XTerra 70 and haven't experienced any problems. Of course, I'm limited as to how deep into the water I can go, but within that limitation it works great (freshwater 'cause I haven't worked salt yet). Aside from that, I'd rate the X70 as the more versatile detector. It's far more adjustable, with a better notch, supposedly faster sweep speed, better battery life and, AFAIK, much better sensitivity to small low conductors and ferrous coins. ...Willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread