What headphones for me new Sovereign?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the Grey Ghosts and the Jolly Rogers. Headphones are a personal thing and that is why you should buy from a dealer where you can try them on and listen with the detector you are going to use them on.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also use the grey Ghost on my Sov....If there is a dealer close I would do like Sandman suggest and go there to try all the different ones out.

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I use the rat phones with the limiter and without the soveriegn mod on my GT and love them.
I like the fact that the cord plugs in on both ends with a 1/4" stereo plug on one end and a 1/4" mono plug on the other. 2 +'s here you just reverse the ends in order to make the ratphone compatible with which ever detector you are using, if you have multiple detectors this is nice. The other + is with the cord plugging on both ends, you won't find yourself ripping the cord out on low limbs if you do just plug it back in. No soldering or having to repair your phones. I was told by a dealer that the new model rat phones were shipping out in Feb. 2008 and they quit shipping the previous models in Oct. of 2007. That is why they are so hard to find now, most dealers are sold out of the 2007 models.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions