AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to send it to Minelab. I read it cost about $75 to change the language. Save up all the pesos you find, then send her in.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll learn a few words in Spanish lol
You have to send it to Minelab. I read it cost about $75 to change the language. Save up all the pesos you find, then send her in.

Minelab Jamie

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 40, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Unfortunately we no longer have the supporting software to change the language on our Etracs. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you lose all copies of a software program? :icon_scratch:

Minelab Jamie

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 40, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you lose all copies of a software program? :icon_scratch:

Hi Cudamark, I apologize -- I did not explain it well. The developer no longer supports the software which was used to change the language. Since the Etrac was not released with multiple languages, an alternate software was used for conversions. Since we no longer have the supported software, we cannot change them back and forth.

I hope that clears things up and I apologize again.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Cudamark, I apologize -- I did not explain it well. The developer no longer supports the software which was used to change the language. Since the Etrac was not released with multiple languages, an alternate software was used for conversions. Since we no longer have the supported software, we cannot change them back and forth.

I hope that clears things up and I apologize again.

But the Etrac hasn't changed. Why would the old software/firmware not work anymore? Unless it like the Mission Impossible software that self destructs in 15 seconds. [emoji12]

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the Etrac hasn't changed. Why would the old software/firmware not work anymore? Unless it like the Mission Impossible software that self destructs in 15 seconds. [emoji12]

That was kinda my point too. Someone should have a copy of that alternative/conversion software somewhere in the world. A copy should be able to be emailed to whoever needs it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MinelabJamie has already stated they do no longer have the software, doesn't matter if it is because software isn't supported by developer or because all copies are lost or gone.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, this is the current situation with the newest E-trac's too? The language is part of the BIOS and not reprogramable?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, this is the current situation with the newest E-trac's too? The language is part of the BIOS and not reprogramable?

Correct..8-)

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So why can't they just flash the bios with the current version - wiping what's in it now?

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why can't they just flash the bios with the current version - wiping what's in it now?

Im American but speak fluent Spanish... if you want to ditch it cheap... call me hahaha
i want an e trac

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread