Spanish Milled Silver? In Michigan? Why not!

M

michigan michael

:o You found that in Michigan huh? That is awesome! WTG! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can believe it. It circulated widely for 250 years of our country's history.

Great find! :thumbsup:

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a fantastic find for sure :thumbsup: There's a few that find them up around the Muskegun area now and then, it's rare to find one around here but spanish silver was considered to be legal tender up to the middle 1800's from what I've read!

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Absolutely amazing find! Jaw dropping! I don't see any reason why that coin couldn't have been dropped 250 years ago right where you found it. This state was roamed by explorers and Indians for hundreds of years. It may have been bulldozed around a bit - but that thing just didn't fall out of someones pocket recently. It is sweet! I have made 2 finds this summer that also have me thinking - how on the earth did that get here to Michigan? You just never know. Keep it up!

Ian

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
i believe i learned in mich history class that the spanish controlled the nils,3 rivers and st. joseph /benton harbor area and also flat rock, monroe area my teacher said that 4 country's flags were in mich. spain france britain and usa.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I have found two reales in old yards in my years of detecting. They are out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions