New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been out in a couple days, today was looking the same, finally around three I decided to try a spot that I heard used to be a speakeasy years ago. The site is now a corn field, that was what I was waiting for, they cut the corn so I could go stumble around in it. I was not there long when I found a War nickel which was what I was kind of thinking I would find. about a half hour later I had a coin sound with a lower number that made me figure I was going to dig a IHC to my surprise I found a well worn half Real. Had to leave shortly after that.
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Resized_20161122_161528.jpgResized_20161122_161547.jpg

Resized_20161122_160702.jpgResized_20161122_160629.jpg

Resized_20161122_183914.jpgResized_20161122_183953.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 41
Sweet find . Nice work.

well I hope you get your ass back there asap bro. Whats the year? That may be a really really great sign buddy. Hope theres a pile of early stuff there. Great job Treb

Sweet find . Nice work.
Thanks

Congrats on the war nic and half real
Thanks Art, I'm trying to be like you buddy.

well I hope you get your ass back there asap bro. Whats the year? That may be a really really great sign buddy. Hope theres a pile of early stuff there. Great job Treb
I think 1782 or 1783, I added a couple pix to the OP here they are. Thanks Abe I'm really trying to be like you.

Resized_20161122_183953.jpgResized_20161122_183914.jpg

Nice going on the silver, something that's still on the want list is a Real.

my first thought was 85 as is one pic it looks like you can see the top bar of the 5 but in the other pic not so much.

I'll second don on 1783. You can just make out the bottom tip of the 3 sticking out. Congrats on the Spanish silver!

Nice find. Ive hit quite a few pre civil war sites and made some great finds but the ubiquitous late 1700s 1/2 real eludes me:occasion14:

Sweet silver finds!! Always great and and always unexpected when Spanish silver shows itself.
Congrats!!

Congratualtions on the Real! :occasion14:

Nice Brad! The only thing better than Spanish silver is Spanish....ah, nevermind. Congrats brother!

Congrats on the sweet real Brad. I can totally understand not hunting much after that find. Good finds motivate me to hunt more, but great finds like a real will sometimes shut a hunt down so I can savor the high.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back