May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD and Me...and no rain.

What a day, it didn't start out very promising, 2 fields, and about 3 hours I hadn't a thing. Was at a third site before anything happened, I had a button in 6 minutes, and Dave a coin in about 10.

5 toasted copper, but I didn't really care it put me at 150 coppers for the year. DAve went to change batteries and I got an artillery button, best find of the day. Nearing time to leave I got a real high #90 and I thought this was going to be a silver, but a greenie popped out which is a 1802 to 1808 Sweden 1/4 skilling, that's an odd ball, cool. not a minute later another good tone solid 88 on the Omega, I popped out Silver this time, 1755 2R, and the first Silver from this site. I took a video of it coming out of the dirt, and here is a frame from the video.

find13-65-e.jpg

I got the "flower button some time along the way, and didn't give it much thought, but it "could" be navy look at the link top row of buttons, second from left.

Navy buttons

find13-65-a.JPG

find13-65-b.JPG

find13-65-c.JPG

find13-65-d.JPG

find13-65-f.JPG
5th 2R this year
find13-65-g.JPG

Forgot also got a very small ball button.

Last edited:
Upvote 8

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggingcrazy

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you are on a roll big congrats sent you way .Fantastic finds. Spent my day splitting wood for my daughter .

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked my log, WOW I hunted 15 days in Aug, and that many in Oct. At least 65 hunts this year, (and I may have forgot to keep track of a couple if I got skunked.)

Yeah I only got 1 half real. Hope your right about an 8. It'll be on my top ten list for next year.

Your success isn't a surprise to me at all. You have the right formula... live in a very old area that had a lot of settlement, hunt lots, and constantly look for new sites. Anyone who has that will do great. 15 hunts a month is quite an advantage over the one a week guys, even if they have the rest going on! IH and I used to easily do 15 a month when the going was good. Enjoy it!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow! You always find the good stuff. Make that great stuff!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Congrats!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Rick - looks like you're not slowing down from your recent hot streak. That Swedish copper is really cool, and of course I love the big silver. Some outstanding buttons as well. Hope you guys can keep killing it right up until winter shuts you down.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great day - CONGRATS!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked my log, WOW I hunted 15 days in Aug, and that many in Oct. At least 65 hunts this year, (and I may have forgot to keep track of a couple if I got skunked.)

Yeah I only got 1 half real. Hope your right about an 8. It'll be on my top ten list for next year.

Wow that's a lot of outings Rick. You're living the dream right now. I'm lucky if I can get out 4 times a month. Hopefully you can continue to hunt as frequently and still have productive places to go. How far on the average do you have to drive to get to one of your sites? I'm driving anywhere between 10 and 40 miles one way every time I go out.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a lot of outings Rick. You're living the dream right now. I'm lucky if I can get out 4 times a month. Hopefully you can continue to hunt as frequently and still have productive places to go. How far on the average do you have to drive to get to one of your sites? I'm driving anywhere between 10 and 40 miles one way every time I go out.

I don't expect it to stay productive for a whole lot longer, although have a few more ideas.
On average about the same as you, sometimes farther.
I often travel by this mode, bicycle, a last years vid. not posted publicly (59 secs.)

Last edited:

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't expect it to stay productive for a whole lot longer, although have a few more ideas.
On average about the same as you, sometimes farther.
I often travel by this mode. a last years short vid. not posted publicly. (59 secs.)

I remember when I used to get to all my sites that way! Made getting skunked a little more depressing with an hour or two cycling ahead. But hey, good exercise and scenery haha!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you are certainly doing well on 2 Reales this year! Some stunning finds for you on this hunt. Congrats on the great buttons and the beautiful 2Reales and Skilling. I am after one of those artillery buttons. It's a style I have not dug yet. You've made me jealous--and that is the mark of quality!

Cheers,

Buck

Thanks BB, that is my second one, both from this year, and one of each size...for a "set"

IMG_0919.JPG

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your success isn't a surprise to me at all. You have the right formula... live in a very old area that had a lot of settlement, hunt lots, and constantly look for new sites. Anyone who has that will do great. 15 hunts a month is quite an advantage over the one a week guys, even if they have the rest going on! IH and I used to easily do 15 a month when the going was good. Enjoy it!

I do like finding new sites, and if some indicators don't show them selves in an hour or so, I'm moving on to another new site. This was hunted before, but the conditions were perfect this time.

about the rose button, I'm not arguementive, nor beat dead horses, but I can find no other that looks like it with the exception of the one on the navy button page, it is the correct diameter at 24mm, slightly convex. Have found out that maybe not all types are know, I even saw one on the bay listed as an unknown type (wink smiley). So as you said on the fence, I feel it can't really be ruled out...just yet. And all the stuff from this place are the right time period.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like finding new sites, and if some indicators don't show them selves in an hour or so, I'm moving on to another new site. This was hunted before, but the conditions were perfect this time.

about the rose button, I'm not arguementive, nor beat dead horses, but I can find no other that looks like it with the exception of the one on the navy button page, it is the correct diameter at 24mm, slightly convex. Have found out that maybe not all types are know, I even saw one on the bay listed as an unknown type (wink smiley). So as you said on the fence, I feel it can't really be ruled out...just yet. And all the stuff from this place are the right time period.

I was only on the fence for a short time. Once I realized the detail is raised and not recessed, and just different, is when I decided I don't think it is.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick, here is my one button that might be a military one, and a photograph of the button with two different cufflink types found.

Attachments

• Tudor Rose 2.jpg
    Tudor Rose 2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Tudor Roses assortment2.jpg
    Tudor Roses assortment2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 61

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice 2 reale and first-rate buttons. Keep riding the wave as long as it lasts. :headbang:

HH

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's your 5th two-reales this year. Man, I've got to work on getting some new sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread