• 33333.jpg
    33333.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,577

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy, you're gonna have to get a good scan and post something larger.

Mike

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Was just going to ask what kind of postage that was. LOL
Something along the lines of 50 to 90 KBs will show up well and not stress the page margins

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
RELICDUDE07 said:
Working on what name they may have tried to scratch off the map from around 1519 . Anyone know the symbol?
looks like a rendering of a winged man, the eagle being the book of John, the winged lion being the book of Luke, so it is either Matthew or Mark being referenced here. are there any numbers accompanying the immediate image?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From all we have to go on here, as well as the poor resolution, it could just as well be an armadillo humping a goose. HAHAHA

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know. I did that too, but it needs to be of better resolution.

Mike

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
better resolution would help
edit to change pics,make one at at time

Attachments

• 33b.jpg
    33b.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,120
  • 33a.jpg
    33a.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,123

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
RELICDUDE07,it looks bleed smeared,not scratched out,do you
have a scan of the back,same area

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I'm working on it guys...Does it look like a treasure chest with mutezumas symbol on top ? :laughing7: Gooner you may be close .was thinking also it could be a old graveyard area :dontknow:

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
relicdude;
Where was the name located that they tried to scratch off. ? I don't see anything that looks like scratches.

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Looks like a word under the line?I was thinking just may be it was--well it's in the right area on the map -i think :laughing7:

Attachments

• 33333.jpg
    33333.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 950
  • montezuma-eagle.jpg
    montezuma-eagle.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 973

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
It looks as though numbers could be incorporated into the design element. A Bible vesre could be the key, as this was standard practice especially among the Spanish catholic priests.

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Franklin said:
Gooner said:
It looks as though numbers could be incorporated into the design element. A Bible vesre could be the key, as this was standard practice especially among the Spanish catholic priests.

Gooner, I had these numbers before your post but I am not sure what they mean? First inside the box I saw 3262 below it is the number 3,255,500R where the R may mean reales? Also on the right wing I see something like "mycyas" I don't suppose mayas but that would have been before reales wouldn't it? Also the word scratched through may be somewhere in Florida as I see the two letters "FL" I hope this helps "Relicdude07" in someway and I hope it does not get you side tracked in a wrong direction.
To go any farther I would have to see more of the map, or at the very least a better quality picture of what I have already seen, as others would agree.
Sometimes numbers are presented so that another symbol can point to one or more of them with an invisible intersecting line from the pull symbol. These can be very devious, while at the same time showing an exercise of utter simplicity. It only takes a little imagination and a straight edge, and a notepad to confirm these possibilities. I am sure Old Dog will more or less agree that it is well worth a try.

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I can not make the pic any bigger ,i have tried.It is a cortez map from 1519 many may have seen it before.I think the area has 4 post in the corners from what i can see & i'm thinking a death in the area ...Or a ceremonial place

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you may be right. Sometimes thats all we get in old stuff. But yes it has signs of possible treasure. Measurements, warnings, and something new.

I have seen something of a winged boy before and was thinking it was someone playing games. Someone here put Montezumas name to it, which would fit.

There is a symbol used that leads me to believe this was probably a early use of signs. Look forawrd to see what comes of this.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Guess is it refers to a particular area.

I have found one that as you view it, you are also facing a mountain range with what appears terraformed features.

I have also seen wings on a large scale, in a shadow form. Only viewed at certain times of the year, and certain times of the day.

My best guess is the Spanish adopted the winged symbol as the area terraformed were too large to destroy by the Spanish, and were great ways to mark a certain area. So far, any symbol has had more than one meaning and I give just one.

Terraform of a area on a large scale is not accepted in most forums. It is why I succeed where others fail. I believe another people, such as Mayans worked large areas for religious ceremony.

The box below your picture appears to be a mine symbol. Again a guess would be some of the first Spanish miners to arrive also mixed surveyor signs into their work. The blade to the side of the winged setting man, is also a symbol I have found more than once.

Your map has much more on it. I am no expert, just a guy with too much time on his hands, and a good area to hunt pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread