SPI beach question

juniorb

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
BH 505 Excal II
Hello everyone, I've read almost every post and looked at all the pics of everyone's beach finds (and I like, the rest of you enjoy the "digger pics" very much) however, I hunt South Padre and the one thing I see missing in the conglomoration of pics from everywhere else is tent stakes. South Padre is loaded with the things, almost to the point that I'm thinking about wearing shoes to the beach. Now I know most only post their good stuff, but every now and then we see pics of the total find, and never a stake in any of them, just made me wonder so I thought I'd ask. (especially since I found 4 tonight,...that and allen wrenches, for which I have NO explanation)

anway thanks

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wear dive boots on the beach. There is glass, shells, etc and the feet get tender being in the water. As for the tent stakes, most beaches don't allow camping or tents. But it is the perfect place to fall asleep with the sounds of the surf if you don't have some drunk fall over your tent in the middle of the night. Course there is always the thought of Godzilla coming ashore too. LOL :D

Sandman

OP
OP
J

juniorb

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
BH 505 Excal II
SPI does allow camping on the beach on the north end of the island, but most stakes are down south from the E-Z UP canopies that people are now bringing for shade.....of course the Godzilla option does make them come in handy I suppose.. ;)

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I also find tent stakes everywhere on the beach....lots of people use them to anchor down their towels so the wind doesn't blow them everywhere. I even had a young lady ask me to look for her stakes because she had yanked her towel up and forgotten about them.

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
I too have found several tent stakes I have never made a picture of them I just pick them up and place them in the trash bin with all the other trash I pick up I.E. Broken glass, soda and beer cans buried in the sand, pull tabs, nails, bottle caps etc. You get the drift if I took pictures of all the trash I picked up off the beaches here in San Diego I would not have time to hunt or take pictures of the good stuff. Any way sorry to vent I just hate to see all that trash especially when there are trash cans only a few yards away. Good luck on all your hunts. Ted

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trash takes up too much room in my pouch, especially tent stakes. When I find something big like a soda cans, tent stake or dangerous like glass or razor blades, it goes to the nearest garbage can right away. I don't trust putting it in my pouch.

cobrasvo90

Feb 2, 2006
Rio Grande Valley (Pharr), TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out to spi just yesterday found nothing but trash. Also is seems local law enforcement officials dont know squat about the laws for THing in the area. All this fellow stated " all I know is whatever you keep you find". That sounded good to me! Now i have read other posts on laws protecting the beach (especially in the national seashore area) that it is prohibited and it is "frowned" upon. I was wondering if anyone had any "correct" info on THing the surf area by the 6th beach access point and northward of that area.

cobrasvo90 ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread