Spoiled Boy Scouts.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Well, I told some of you I'd give you a count of some of the "silverware" I've found, just this year. As many of you that have hunted the camp may know, there is a lot of eating utensils out there. Initially, I threw them all away at the garbage cans by the parking lot (mushroom hunter central), but then entertained the notion of keeping them and seeing how many I'd find. My final tally doesn't count the ones I threw away, obviously, nor does it include the butterknives that would stab my gut from my cargo pants pockets every time I bent down to dig a target (those ones got "treed"). And of course, this doesn't include Kermit's collection. I'm sure he can start a museum himself.

These damn kids must have brought their own utensils from home and just left them in the woods after the outing. What a bunch of brats. Who forgot to tell them that years later, there would be detectorists out there looking for coins but would be suckered into digging those annoying things?? Talk about inconsiderate.

Eighteen forks, fourteen spoons, 4 butterknives.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 230

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More spoiled boy scout stuff... :tongue3:
13 spoons, 6 forks 2 knifes. I also have more that are floating around my trunk... :tard:

3113961513_80ef508326_o.jpg

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
I had two knives, a fork and a spoon the day of the fall hunt. I'm sure you guys threw away twice as many as you show there. You should weld them all together in the shape of a big metal detector, or maybe a BSA logo! Hahaha.

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Brett said:
I had two knives, a fork and a spoon the day of the fall hunt. I'm sure you guys threw away twice as many as you show there. You should weld them all together in the shape of a big metal detector, or maybe a BSA logo! Hahaha.

lol

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, with the variety of tableware (from cheap to elegant) that all of us have been finding at these camps,
I'm beginning to think that this was was an "out-of-site-out-of-mind" item that could be easily over-looked when
they were packing for their trip. . . then as they were on their way out the door, they remembered and grabbed
whatever was on the table or in the china cabinet :tard:

aunttrbl

Greenie
Dec 14, 2008
Oak Lawn Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
With four sons I can now rest easy knowing where all the flatware has disappeared to. Honestly they eat and I truely believe just throw them out. Now most are on their own I bet they don't do that any more. LOL I have forks now . I can have ppl over for dinner.

oz_il

Oct 6, 2008
Evergreen Park, IL
aunttrbl said:
With four sons I can now rest easy knowing where all the flatware has disappeared to. Honestly they eat and I truely believe just throw them out. Now most are on their own I bet they don't do that any more. LOL I have forks now . I can have ppl over for dinner.
Auntie L - what scout camps did some of your rugrats camp at??

aunttrbl

Greenie
Dec 14, 2008
Oak Lawn Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
Camp Kiwanis in Palos hills, the one in Yorkville name escapes me and Owassippe in I think it's wisc. Dang I want to hunt at kiwanis it has been closed up for quite a while now.
Hey Oz I guess you'll be ice fishing soon. Maybe with the upcoming ice storm you can fish in the streets.
LOL

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Do you know the history of Kiwanis, like when it was first used as a camp, and if it was a CCC camp prior to that?

Owassippe is up in Michigan, and I just read not too long ago that it' is either up for sale, or it's going up for sale. I think there's a court case pending because residents don't want the property turned into condos.

That place has a lot of history and goes way back. Maybe we should buy it up, put some trailers on it and rent them to detectorists. ;D

Mike

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now just imagine if all those utensils were silver. If they were that spoiled, they should've grabbed the better stuff, huh? :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions