Spoiled by success

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The problem with finding an 1829 half dime at a site just three days ago is that you expect to find something to match it the next time out. Unfortunately, that's not what happened today :P. It wasn't bad, by any stretch; in fact, today's hunt would rank pretty high on my list of best days hunting. A trio of Indian head pennies (1883, 89 and 1904), a pair of wheats (35 and 38), a 44 Merc and a 52 Washington headlined today's catch. By contrast, and this is where the "spoiled" part comes in, this was a letdown; we all should have such heartache in our life! ;D

Attachments

• indiantrio (Small).jpg
    indiantrio (Small).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice hunt for most of us, congrats and don't be too hard on yourself, LOL! HH, Mike

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Take a week off, back up and regroup..lol 8) SLAP...SLAP....Man...what are you thinking??
Great finds by anybodies standards! Be carefull what you say or the silver gods will teach you a lesson! :wink: 8)

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey halfdime....yes, Sir, all else will seem as little more than a zincoln, but don't fret just keep on keeping on. You never know when you may beat your old coin.
The stuff you found today is pretty danged good in anyones book. :icon_thumleft:

BW

ES66

Oct 3, 2008
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'll trade you. I found $2.58 in clad today. What's really amazing is that none of the coins were older than 1977.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol I been there you hit 2 gold rings go back to the same place an you expect something as good even tho you know your not going to be able to top it , its the thrill of the hunt my friend we all go threw it , definetly got some sweet coins today the congrats :icon_thumright:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there congrats, yep wish all my bad hunts came out like this.

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Try walkin a mile in my shoes - first year completed and all i have is 2 Indians, 1 Wheatie and about 90 clad coins for all my troubles ! But hey, I'm not throwing in the towel.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
i know were your coming from bud!!! the same thing happens to me. i gotta have old. when most people would jump for joy on some of the other finds. i like the contrast or whatever it is on the one indian penny. willy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions