Sport Divers find Treasure in Palm Beach County!

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very cool that the guy recognized what he had and was honest enough to turn it in.

Dovetailed very nicely with the release of your book. You could not have planned that any better. :wink:

OP
OP
capt dom

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Thanks Tom,

There are probably some spoil sports out there that think I did
plan it! But every once and a while some good karma rubs off...

What is most significant about this is that local people now respect
the significance of not only our historic find but wish to contribute knowledge
about our shipwreck site and also understand that they have a right and responsibility
to be a part of the process.

One important note: I did not give him the coin as the newscaster stated. I determined
it was safe for it to remain in his custody and care until such time as Adjudication of Title
occurs through the Federal Court system and the State of Florida has its right to review it
and determine whether they need it to complete the "peoples' collection of unique Spanish
colonial shipwreck coin specimens. A Jupiter Coins inventory number has been assigned to it.

Amazing how even while the State Legal Department is processing the renewal of our working
relationship and we oblige them by not working until it is done recoveries are happening
at this site by average sport divers looking for bugs!

It just goes to show our established presence at this historic wreck site works positively toward
its preservation.

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
capt dom said:
Thanks Tom,

There are probably some spoil sports out there that think I did
plan it! But every once and a while some good karma rubs off...

You're the man Capt. Dom, and a great ambassador to the treasure hunting community. I hope you get rewarded 10 fold. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread