Squeaked out one more keeper today...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for a couple of hours today. My only good find came in the first 5min and was the first signal I dug. It was about 6" deep and located near the road in a minefield of pull tabs. I would estimate that there were 5 pull tabs or more per swing in the area that I found it. The year on the indian head is 1896. That's 39 on the year. I'm gunning for ya doyboy!

08-31-06.JPG

Upvote 0

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 250
Wow you found 39 indians so far this year? :o I have a lot of catching up to do I have only found 2 so far this year.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1badtacoma said:
Wow you found 39 indians so far this year? :o I have a lot of catching up to do I have only found 2 so far this year.

What machine are you using?

If you are hunting old spots then you will make some good finds if you stick at it long enough. They are out still out there. Just keep hunting! :)

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 250
I am using a Tesoro Tejon. Just got it about a week ago. I had a bounty hunter before but I decided to upgrade. I Should start finding more know because I just found to or three old house sites and a really old church site. I cant wait till this rain gets out of here so I can go detecting.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1badtacoma said:
I am using a Tesoro Tejon. Just got it about a week ago. I had a bounty hunter before but I decided to upgrade. I Should start finding more know because I just found to or three old house sites and a really old church site. I cant wait till this rain gets out of here so I can go detecting.

Make sure you don't have a dud! My buddy bought one that couldn't detect a silver dime at 5" deep. Why??? I don't know, but his didn't work as well as most people's on here tend to do.

Good luck bud! :)

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1badtacoma said:
I think it works as I found these the other day ;D
228855254_13e5693dbb.jpg

Looks like you got a good machine and you are definately on the right track! Keep it up! :):)

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobydoo said:
No water hunt today huh bsco?
Glad you got out and had this nice find, congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nope, I still need to find some of those soft water shoes. The last two times out I have worn old pairs of Nike basketball shoes,haha. Plus today I wanted to stay closer to home as I did a lot of yard work today.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great looking coin and good work in a hard area!!!

D

doyboy

It looks like I may need a defense to help stop this "charge." I still have 42 Indians this year, dude! I heard of a story that someone buried 1,000 Indian heads in a park in my town back in the 1800s. I know where it is located, too, :D, so it looks like my total will be up to 1,042. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Great finds, Brian!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Brian!

:)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice lookin' penny bsco.....Do you "oil" em up for the pic,just wondering?HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions