st cristopher

treydigger

Jan 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering what your opinion is on a find I discovered it is a medallion but it does not have a necklace hole and on one side it says "st. Christopher protect us"and in the middle of these two circles they are joined by jesus on a cross and on the other circle it says "o mary convicted without sin pray for us who have recourse to the" it is stamped Italy in the corner and reads 1830 btw this was found in wyoming
any feed back on what it might be would be great

Upvote 3

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a St. Christopher medal, Patron Saint of Travelers. Many Catholics carry Saint tokens. If you have a pic that would be great! Cheers!

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been a few Post on these. The date on them (1830) refers to, St. Catherine Laboure, virgin, was born on May 2, 1806. At an early age she entered the community of the Daughters of Charity, in Paris, France. Three times in 1830 the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure, who then was twenty-four years old. Just google ST. Catherine Laboure and you can read more about it.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
I have been wearing one that I dug for many years. The one that I found is made of sterling silver.

OP
OP
T

treydigger

Jan 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIN_20150108_175328.JPG

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice medallion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread