St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D Merc

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
Bryce, it's fun to see a great user of this forum score BIG-TIME!! Hope you get the max. from it, $$-wise.

I just have time before the hockey game to look this beauty up in the Red Book to see how many they made. My guess'd be 'not a whole lot'.

CONGRATULATIONS! Now go sign up for a support group that'll help you stop abusing rare coins..

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonshadow said:
Congrats on your banner Bryce! Well deserved buddy! :icon_thumright:

HH,
Moon
Thanks Moon

RPG said:
Congrats on making banner and an outstanding find. You deserve it. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
Randy
Thanks RPG

traderoftreasures said:
if i was only a ninja................... :o
;D

kevin11 said:
What a outstanding find. Love to read your post,gets me really hyped up to go dig some holes(and fill ).

Kevin
Thanks Kevin...I hope you find some deepies

Harry_Morant said:
Wow what a great lot of finds, well done!
Thanks Harry

TreasureFiend said:
AWESOME JOB BRO!!!! I am doin a happy dance over here with you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks brother. I couldn't pull any type of dance off. ??? Heck I nearly threw up ;D :thumbsup:

Bob S said:
Nice Find WTG
Thanks Bob

DP BOB said:
Are you down from the clouds yet?

Congrats on that magnificent find...

Congrats on the Banner... All 1916d Merc's deserve the Banner...
Thanks Bob. I have not come down yet ;D .

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimC said:
Really nice silver. You, and the rest of us, will look for more, because they're out there... right around the corner.

TimC
Thanks Tim. Yes they are...and that's what makes this hobby what it is.

skierbob said:
Great story and fantastic find. Congrats.

Bob
Thanks Bob

Ohio Jerry said:
Wow Bryce,digging the most valuable Merc on the planet and getting the chance to swing with Nick all at the same time...doesn't get any better'n that bro. Congratulations on a well deserved banner find!!
Jerry
Thanks O.J....the "sammies" didn't hurt matters none either :icon_thumright:

Baldingboy said:
Bryce,
Oh my Gawd!!! Nice freaking find. You earned it brother!!! You have inspired me to not give up on learning this Explorer. I wish I could hear that warble you are talking about. I definitely need to start digging more deep signals and discovering what this thing is telling me sometime.

Enough about me though..........Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright: :hello2: :icon_thumleft:

Baldingboy
Thanks B.B......sometimes you'll wish you didn't know what it was saying to ya' :wink: in fact...sometimes you would much rather wrap it around a tree instead of listen to it ;D
Seriously though...don't give up on it. Just take a few chances on some iffy targets. If they all turn out to be crap...and some days are like that :D ...just keep on diggin and learnin'. You will be rewarded in the end with some nice finds.

Kirk PA said:
Congrats on the Banner, my friend! I voted for you all the way.

Kirk
Thanks buddy. I appreciate it. Man it's been a while since I've gotten to say this...but here goes..."Now go dig me some a' them sweet coppas" ;D :icon_thumleft:

Johnny Ringo Silver said:
Bryce, Congrats on the awesome finds buddy! I think i've dug 5 1916 mercs, but never the "D".
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Its always a blast with good friends. 8)
Thanks JRS. I would have still had just as much fun without digging the sweet dime. It was just the icing on the cake. :icon_thumleft:

Monty said:
That was one great story and I almost felt like I was there with you. Thanks for the hunt! Very good finds too! I have been on a few good outings like that with my hunting buds but never scored so good. Great hunt! Monty
Thanks Monty. I appreciate what you said. The friends are what made it so special.

Chaz said:
Awesome find! Congrats on Banner! If I had found it, it would have just gone in with all the others- I need to learn a bit about key dates...
Thanks chaz

Sonny Cancún said:
Beautiful dime and story. Congratulations.
Thanks sonny Cancun

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Nana40 said:
The only thing missing from this post are site pics of you three! 8) ;D

Yeeehawwww, Silver!!! :o What a weekend!!! Many congrats to ya on that 1916!!! :notworthy:

Loved the story!

N~ :wink:

Send me the cammo pants & you will see the trio in the fall hunt ... :-* :-* :-*

~ Nicky ~
I turn my back for just one second...and my Brother Nick is peddling our picture for cammo pants?? ;D

Nana40 said:

Yeeehawwww, Silver!!! :o What a weekend!!! Many congrats to ya on that 1916!!! :notworthy:

Loved the story!

Thanks nana. Hmmmmm....a pic of all three of us together ::) .....The "Freak"..."Slick Nick"...and "The Yeti". :wink: That might command a premium ;D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admiral de Salee said:
Bryce, it's fun to see a great user of this forum score BIG-TIME!! Hope you get the max. from it, $$-wise.

I just have time before the hockey game to look this beauty up in the Red Book to see how many they made. My guess'd be 'not a whole lot'.

CONGRATULATIONS! Now go sign up for a support group that'll help you stop abusing rare coins..
Thanks Admiral. I appreciate it my friend.
As for the "support group" ;D ....I just might check into it :laughing7:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Everytime I look at your dime that you found, it makes me want to get all happy inside and start smiling and shouting thats the best dime ever! :icon_thumleft: You are god :notworthy:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
silverfreak said:
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Nana40 said:

Loved the story!

Send me the cammo pants & you will see the trio in the fall hunt ... :-* :-* :-*

~ Nicky ~
I turn my back for just one second...and my Brother Nick is peddling our picture for cammo pants?? ;D

Nana40 said:

Loved the story!

Thanks nana. Hmmmmm....a pic of all three of us together ::) .....The "Freak"..."Slick Nick"...and "The Yeti". :wink: That might does command a premium ;D

It's the pants or NUTIN ... :-* :-* :-*

~ Nicky ~

Throw in a dozen of those famous cookies and it's a deal, Nicky! :wink: And I'll personally bring those holey cammo's to the fall hunt you're speaking of. :-* :D Who's hosting the fall hunt this year anyhow? :icon_scratch: :D :icon_pirat:

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Wow! Nothing changes on TNet! I hardly have time to visit during baseball season, so I haven't been on in a few days, but it's good to see Bryce pulling a sweeeeeeet silver. And my buddy Nick, there to witness it. Sounds like good times in St. Loooo.

THE YETI

Jun 26, 2008
THE WOODS MOSTLY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XS
HAY DUDES WATCH THE YETI BASHING DAD MIGHT GET MAD :laughing7:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 406

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an excellent find Bryce!! :hello2: WTG on the Banner too....I'm happy for you. :icon_thumleft:

HH

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bryce, sweet find. Hell, they ought to get you on the trail of the Holly Grail.

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Re: St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D

Bryce,

Congrats on a find of a lifetime! :thumbsup: That's what makes detecting so fun. ;D You never know what you're going to find, or where you're going to find it, or when you're going to hit it big - (it's kind of like gambling except there's no down side)!!

WTG my friend. I always look forward to your posts and your finds. Thanks for all your help and advice, too.

HH!

Dr. Ace

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I would have had a heart attack for sure!!!!!!!! I have found a few 16-P's and 2 16-S's but never a 16 D.
You got a good one !!!!!!!! CONGRATS for a GREAT find!!!!! ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Google ANACS ...you can send your coin in to get it graded and slabbed. You send it insured, with an appoximate value.

Some coin dealers can send it for you but it costs more for them to send it than doing it yourself.

Shawano~

Apr 3, 2009
SWMI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Fisher CZ20

WTG....WOW!!! SHAAAAZAAAAM!!! What else can I say Bryce, A find of a lifetime... What a great find!!! Congrats!!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
silverfreak said:
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Nana40 said:

Loved the story!

~ Nicky ~

Nana40 said:

Loved the story!

Thanks nana. Hmmmmm....a pic of all three of us together ::) .....The "Freak"..."Slick Nick"...and "The Yeti". :wink: That might does command a premium ;D

It's the pants or NUTIN ... :-* :-* :-*

~ Nicky ~

Throw in a dozen of those famous cookies and it's a deal, Nicky! :wink: And I'll personally bring those holey cammo's to the fall hunt you're speaking of. :-* :D Who's hosting the fall hunt this year anyhow? :icon_scratch: :D :icon_pirat:
Now just a cotton pickin' minute here nana ;D How's come I'm outta' the loop about these holey cammo pants? :wink:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michiganne said:
Congrats on an excellent find Bryce!! :hello2: WTG on the Banner too....I'm happy for you. :icon_thumleft:

HH
Thanks Michiganne. I appreciate it.

THE YETI said:
Easy my Himalayan friend.......eeeeeeeaaaassssy 8) Don't want to get you all fired up :laughing7:

halfdime said:
Wow! Nothing changes on TNet! I hardly have time to visit during baseball season, so I haven't been on in a few days, but it's good to see Bryce pulling a sweeeeeeet silver. And my buddy Nick, there to witness it. Sounds like good times in St. Loooo.
It was a blast H.D. ....and I mean a blast. Even if we hadn't found anything it still would have been.

Detectingfreak said:
Everytime I look at your dime that you found, it makes me want to get all happy inside and start smiling and shouting thats the best dime ever! :icon_thumleft:
;D Thanks D.F. ;D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shawano~ said:
WTG....WOW!!! SHAAAAZAAAAM!!! What else can I say Bryce, A find of a lifetime... What a great find!!! Congrats!!
Thanks Shawano

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
THE YETI said:

The Yeti Speaks ...

All shall listen ...

Sorry About the Paparazzi Phil ... It was a mess ... I apologize ... :laughing7:
Paparazzi don't alarm the Yeti :wink: He is a beast who can trek the frozen tundra....paparazzi will not faze him. :laughing7:

Dimeman said:
I would have had a heart attack for sure!!!!!!!! I have found a few 16-P's and 2 16-S's but never a 16 D.
You got a good one !!!!!!!! CONGRATS for a GREAT find!!!!! ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Google ANACS ...you can send your coin in to get it graded and slabbed. You send it insured, with an appoximate value.

Some coin dealers can send it for you but it costs more for them to send it than doing it yourself.
Thanks D. I will give anacs a look-see. I checked another grading service...but they wanted you to join a club?

Dr. Ace said:
Bryce,

Congrats on a find of a lifetime! :thumbsup: That's what makes detecting so fun. ;D You never know what you're going to find, or where you're going to find it, or when you're going to hit it big - (it's kind of like gambling except there's no down side)!!

WTG my friend. I always look forward to your posts and your finds. Thanks for all your help and advice, too.

HH!

Dr. Ace
Thanks Dr. Ace. I appreciate it. I hope you continue to pop some goodies out like you have been :icon_thumleft:

Deno said:
Bryce, sweet find. Hell, they ought to get you on the trail of the Holly Grail.
:laughing7: Thanks Deno

T

trish76642

That was a great story! Congradulations on your find, and making the banner! :hello2: :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread