St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D Merc

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Congrats on the banner! I didn't post, but I voted. What are you going to do with that dime?

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UTcoinshootR said:
Congrats on the banner! I didn't post, but I voted. What are you going to do with that dime?
Thanks UT. Absolutely nothing is what I'm doing with it. ;D I am not a collector...I just like to find silver and injuns'.
Actually...I plan on submitting it to a grading/authentication service just to get it slabbed. I have no intention on selling it...just on keeping it for my daughter some day.

starwarsblazer said:
Way to go! A big congratulations from a fellow treasure hunter in Michigan my friend! :headbang: :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup: ;D ;D
Thanks buddy

~trish~ said:
That was a great story! Congradulations on your find, and making the banner! :hello2: :notworthy:
Thanks a lot Trish

itbeepsidig said:
:wav: Congratulations. I'm glad it made the banner. I hope "Best of" is next. :thumbsup:
Thanks beepster :D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
curbdiggercarl57 said:
A. Starting to dread looking at your posts, especially with the monsoon rains we've been having in Denver not allowing us to hunt. B. Banner, as long as you promise to not stop in Denver any time soon. You are like the guys in my college math class that screwed the grade curve for the rest of us. Fully convinced that you can actually smell the scent of silver in the ground. And, C. Frankly, you deserve a banner for that coin. You are starting to haunt my dreams. D. Keep it up.
Carl
;D Thanks Carl. I have clicked on your response 3 or 4 times now just to get a chuckle :D :icon_thumleft:

oddcoins said:
WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW!!! That is so SWEET!!! CONGRAT'S!!!
Thanks O.C

BuckleBoy said:
After the story of the clanking against the predator and rubbing against the clad, promise to treat the next one you find with more respect. :wink:

Incredible find. This should go BANNER easily (but the moderators will likely want a better photo of the coin for it to be placed up top).

Cheers! And the next time you hunt with Nicky, sounds like you're bringing the sammies. ;D

Best Wishes,

Buckles
Thanks Buckles. I probably won't treat the next find much different....'cause I can't see the dates i find without glasses ;D If I wear glasses...my headphones fit goofy too :D

RONC(OR) said:
Bryce that is super sweet congrats HH
Thanks Ron

pakeha63 said:
Fantastic find!!. Great story, kept my attention 100%. I'll vote banner for your elusive find. You thoroughly deserve it.
Thanks buddy

Wallhangers said:
Well-deserved Bryce. Couldn't happen to a better guy.
Thanks Mark

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa!!! Holy Smokes!!! :o Congrats are definately in order... :headbang: :thumbsup: Unbelievable!!! I think I'll do the YETI Dance Too. HH

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Bro, thats a dream come true for most folks. I like the rings too, sweet! Keep it up. J.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and a big congrats on the 1916D! HH, Mike

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Great post and a big congrats on the 1916D! HH, Mike
Thanks Mike

geo4472 said:
congrats awesome find
Thanks geo

MichiganJay said:
Nice Bro, thats a dream come true for most folks. I like the rings too, sweet! Keep it up. J.
Thanks J. Yep...I don't think I ever had a 2 ring day until that day either.

wyattrr said:
Whoa!!! Holy Smokes!!! :o Congrats are definately in order... :headbang: :thumbsup: Unbelievable!!! I think I'll do the YETI Dance Too. HH
Thanks Wyatt. Get the dance on film please ;D

cladqueen

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2009
Congratulations on an amazing find silverfreak. I rarely post but I enjoy reading them. I just had to on this one though. :hello:

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Hi Bryce:

I think everyone has said about all that can be said about this post. "but" I would still like to say "congrats" on a great dig. I looks like a lot of people are doing rather well this year on finding the older and better coins. I posted my gold finds for this spring and hope to get some more this fall. If I get some free time maybe we could hit a park or 2 before it gets to hot.

"may there always be a road"

Les

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finman said:
Awesome finds Bryce!!! Congrats!!! :headbang:

HH Joe
Thanks Joe

RickyP said:
Nice finds there Silverfreak. Thats a good roadtrip
Thanks Ricky

jbow said:
WOW!!!!!

Did you do the "silver dance"? :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
J
Thanks jbow. No I honestly didn't :'(...I nearly passed out instead...and nearly got sick :laughing9: I just got over run with emotion.

diggerfororo said:
Hi Bryce:

I think everyone has said about all that can be said about this post. "but" I would still like to say "congrats" on a great dig. I looks like a lot of people are doing rather well this year on finding the older and better coins. I posted my gold finds for this spring and hope to get some more this fall. If I get some free time maybe we could hit a park or 2 before it gets to hot.

"may there always be a road"

Les
Thanks Les.
We keep talkin'...and don't do any walkin' :laughing7:. You're right...we need to hook up and hit a couple of parks before it gets hot. :thumbsup:

cladqueen said:
Congratulations on an amazing find silverfreak. I rarely post but I enjoy reading them. I just had to on this one though. :hello:
Thanks C.Q.

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
absolutely awesome it would have to be a fandamtabolous find for Mr P to lose all of his eloquence congrats and continued good luck

dylan

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
WOW!!!!!!!!!! I need to keep in touch with my Treasurenet buds, I haven't been on here much lately with work, my new club I started and several other forums I'm on. But the best digs are always from Treasurenet members. Congrats on the "dime of a lifetime". All that hard work digging up those silvers has really paid off. Every time I dig a 1916 merc, I nervously turn it over looking in vain for that *******(expletives deleted) "D" mintmark. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm glad it was on the Banner.
Keep on diggin', Steve

Attachments

• holy cow.jpg
    holy cow.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 321
  • holy cow.jpg
    holy cow.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 16647[1].jpg
    16647[1].jpg
    67 KB · Views: 374

Top Member Reactions