Standing Liberty Quarters X2 plus a sweet Sterling ring!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres a video of todays hunt:

Hey guys,
got in the car today and headed south, hitting sideroads along the way looking for that perfect home, got a little carried away though as I got about 40 miles away from home:dontknow: anyhow, nice lady didn't hardly listen to my pitch and says sure go ahead, man sometimes that's so easy and other times youd swear im asking for their kidney or something!:laughing7: So I started gridding the back yard first and within minutes I hit a sweet 90 tone at 2 inches! I thought no way but dug it anyway, so glad I did because I got this sweet 1917D SLQ!!!:headbang: sl dirt.JPG front back.jpg the grass was full of roots and there was a lot of shale in the yard, that's the only thing I can think of that kept it so shallow??:dontknow: So I keep gridding along and get a nice 80s tone repeatable and sounding like a silver dime, I pop a plug and to my surprise this baby was in the hole waiting for me!! ring dirt.JPG ring front.JPG ring side.JPG ring closeup.JPG I had it checked out by a jeweler they said its not a real diamond :BangHead: but it is sterling! not too many more targets in the backyard besides a couple spoons and a pocket knife and a decorative door lock cover so I moved along to the front yard and get a nice 90s repeatable tone by a tree root, well after hacking away at the roots for over thirty minutes I was granted a destroyed tin cup:BangHead:, one day that WILL be a silver half!! lol. shortly after the tin cup debacle, I got a nice mid to upper 80s tone at 4 inches so I dig it and it was a small coin spill containing 3 wheats and another SLQ!!:hello2: beat front back.jpg only thing with this one is theres no date and some green crud stuck on it from a wheat being on top of it I used toothpaste to try to remove that but now I got a shiney slq with no date and a green ring on it lol I don't care, Ill take it anyway! my last cool relic was this chrome cap thing with some initials and a date carved in it:icon_scratch: carved.JPG it says "RB Nov 3 1933" pretty neat!

heres the haul! take.JPG that's silvers 25,26,&27 on the year!!

thanks for looking, watching, and HH!!

Last edited:
Upvote 17

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now you're talking! A gold coin! What better goal? I'm in too!

Okay....we have to solemnly swear here and now....I promise to tell NO ONE about our cache of gold coins. No need in feeding Big Brother's enormous appetite for OUR cash. Remember the California couple's find that was confiscated.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay....we have to solemnly swear here and now....I promise to tell NO ONE about our cache of gold coins. No need in feeding Big Brother's enormous appetite for OUR cash. Remember the California couple's find that was confiscated.

Absolutely! No need to let anyone know, sorry tnet no pics or videos of that, sorry obama no gold coin for you lol :cussing:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gold coins!?!? Cache?? Cash???

In the immortal words of Vinny Barbarino, "WHAT!? , WHERE!? , WHEN?! " ;)

(First, let me find one and then I'll worry about shares. LOL )

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold coins!?!? Cache?? Cash???

In the immortal words of Vinny Barbarino, "WHAT!? , WHERE!? , WHEN?! " ;)

(First, let me find one and then I'll worry about shares. LOL )

sorry guys if I ever did find anything like that it just may require a "roundness in the hole" type seizure :blob8:

sorry no climbing in doghouses for this guy though..............

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. Congrats. You are really tearing up the silvers!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry guys if I ever did find anything like that it just may require a "roundness in the hole" type seizure :blob8:

sorry no climbing in doghouses for this guy though..............

Congrats on your bunch of silver! Well done!
If you find a cache of gold coins feel free to express it any way you want! :hello2:
If you do just show us one coin standing on edge and we will know it has "friends"....ok? Shhhhh! :headbang: :coins:

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
That is one of the nicest standing liberty quarters that I have ever seen. What a great hunt! Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do just show us one coin standing on edge and we will know it has "friends"....ok? Shhhhh! :headbang: :coins:
thanks!

Ill post them if I ever find them just dont tell anyone okay? It'll just be a secret between me and the thousands of tnetters who come on this site lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the nicest standing liberty quarters that I have ever seen. What a great hunt! Keep up the good work!

I appreciate that thank you very much!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you guys seen my children? Lol god im bored. This honey-do list is killing me!! SAM_1111.JPG

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love those barber dimes, still haven't found one or a rosie for that matter. went from finding merc's to seated dimes. funniest thing so far this year, i've found more silver halves then quarters. not gonna complain about it , just weird. Tell the "commander" if you don't use it, you lose it. your detector i mean of course.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love those barber dimes, still haven't found one or a rosie for that matter. went from finding merc's to seated dimes. funniest thing so far this year, i've found more silver halves then quarters. not gonna complain about it , just weird. Tell the "commander" if you don't use it, you lose it. your detector i mean of course.

those barbers and seated came from the same house, I go 2 years with none and then all of those in 2 weeks lol how bout that for dumb luck!, im doing better with mercs this year, I think I have ten mercs as opposed to 3 roosies.

as for the "commander", she pretty much don't care when I go, except we are buying a house and shes pregnant so the list goes on and on lol..........

Thanks!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two SLQ's in one hunt- sweet! That 17-D is in amazing shape. I collect that series and always look forward to seeing them posted, especially the better dates. Congrats and hopefully you'll find many more!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two SLQ's in one hunt- sweet! That 17-D is in amazing shape. I collect that series and always look forward to seeing them posted, especially the better dates. Congrats and hopefully you'll find many more!

-- Jeff --
Thanks jeff!, I still cant get over how shallow that was (2-3")!, I expected it to b in rough shape after my soap and water soak but its got pretty sweet detail

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you guys seen my children? Lol god im bored. This honey-do list is killing me!! View attachment 1005095

You think you have honey do lists now? Wait till the baby comes and you buy that house, lol. Whad and I may have to come kidnap you for a day just to get you out again!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think you have honey do lists now? Wait till the baby comes and you buy that house, lol. Whad and I may have to come kidnap you for a day just to get you out again!

Oh my wife knows im obsessed, yesterday when I got out she was teasing me saying I'm like a child because I was texting her making deals with her so I can go to detect.I know once the baby comes I'm going to get out as much but I still will get out or your just going to have to kidnap me. plus the house I bought is built in the 1910s and the lot is 45 feet wide 248 feet deep. You better believe I'm going to excavate the heck out of that yard. Lol!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread