Star note question. pics added

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Are star notes worth more if they have errors? I have a 2006 star note.. it has 2 errors one a slight ink run from top to bottom acrossed washington's face 2nd error is the front print isn't lined up with the back print.. don't have time to take pics heading to work right now.... thanks

I added pics sorry for pic 2 didn't know how else to show this error

Attachments

• errorstarnote 001.jpg
    errorstarnote 001.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 409
  • errorstarnote 002.jpg
    errorstarnote 002.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 418
  • errorstarnote 003.jpg
    errorstarnote 003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 410
  • errorstarnote 004.jpg
    errorstarnote 004.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 404

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Star note question.

yes an error on a star note is worth more. a star note is a replacement note for a note that was damaged during the printing process. how much more depends on condition and we will need a picture to see it.w

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first off the front and back not matching up, it is like that on every bill they print. as for the second error with the ink on washingtons face i just do not see it.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
ckrakowski said:
first off the front and back not matching up, it is like that on every bill they print. as for the second error with the ink on washingtons face i just do not see it.
first off your wrong go look 2nd you can't see the ink smudge on top of bill? then a line NOT A CREASE on washington's face an ink smudge at bottom?

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post a full pic of the back of the bill with it laying flat with no light showing through the bill as with the other error draw circles around them. i think i saw something by his eyes but that may just be a fold.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
ckrakowski said:
post a full pic of the back of the bill with it laying flat with no light showing through the bill as with the other error draw circles around them. i think i saw something by his eyes but that may just be a fold.
what do you see?

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on his eyes there seems to be some discoloration. as for the front/back not matching up i dont see it.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
ckrakowski said:
on his eyes there seems to be some discoloration. as for the front/back not matching up i dont see it.
yes there is a raccoon look to the bill... as for the front back not matching it.. when you hold a dollar bill to the light you SHOULDN'T see federal reserve note thru the back the The UNITED STATES of AMERICA should cover that... How your not seeing that is beyond me

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well as for the front a back not lining up i have asked on a different website and will post what they have to say.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
creeper71 said:
ckrakowski said:
yes there is a raccoon look to the bill... as for the front back not matching it.. when you hold a dollar bill to the light you SHOULDN'T see federal reserve note thru the back the The UNITED STATES of AMERICA should cover that... How your not seeing that is beyond me

Have you ever actually looked at a current $1 FRN? The reverse borders are wider than the obverse and when held to a light you will see the obverse image through the reverse on every single properly printed note. Your note is right on par with any other typical note. And the ink smear? Looks like any common stain to me on the portrait area.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
DrDetector said:
creeper71 said:
ckrakowski said:

Have you ever actually looked at a current $1 FRN? The reverse borders are wider than the obverse and when held to a light you will see the obverse image through the reverse on every single properly printed note. Your note is right on par with any other typical note. And the ink smear? Looks like any common stain to me on the portrait area.
Can you explain why there is a line right down the middle? granted it's no much,but it's still there... an this is a 2006 so is this what you call current? to answer your question..I looked at a few bills but I don't know the dates cause I didn't look.... I just looked to see if it was lined up or not...

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
Sorry Creeper, the fronts and backs don't line up perfectly on most bills. I see nothing special about this note other than it's a star note and well circulated to boot. It's a spender.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
creeper71 said:
DrDetector said:
creeper71 said:
ckrakowski said:

Can you explain why there is a line right down the middle? granted it's no much,but it's still there... an this is a 2006 so is this what you call current? to answer your question..I looked at a few bills but I don't know the dates cause I didn't look.... I just looked to see if it was lined up or not...

Yes, that is current. I meant the current design (1963 - present).

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Rooter said:
Sorry Creeper, the fronts and backs don't line up perfectly on most bills. I see nothing special about this note other than it's a star note and well circulated to boot. It's a spender.
I'll agree with first part, but not 2nd part of your post... it is still crisp an the looks like ceases aren't except for right side by washington's face that is a crease

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rooter said:

i tried telling him that multiple times but he is convinced his is an error.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
ckrakowski said:
Rooter said:

i tried telling him that multiple times but he is convinced his is an error.
NO YOU DIDN'T KNOW JACK AN TRIED TO CONVINCE ME YOU DID

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
Rooter said:
I'll agree with first part, but not 2nd part of your post... it is still crisp an the looks like ceases aren't except for right side by washington's face that is a crease

you agree with him when he says that but i tell you the same thing but your convinced i do not know what i am talking about.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i tried telling you that the back and fronts of most bills don't match.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ckrakowski said:
first off the front and back not matching up, it is like that on every bill they print.

here is where i tried to tell you about it.

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
Sorry Creeper, Every image shows wrinkles. Especially along the top edge over Washingtons head. The paper may be crisp to the touch but all that wrinkling constitutes damage to a collector. I don't see any error but maybe it's just not coming across in your photos. Just to satisfy your curiosity put it up on Ebay starting at $1.00 and see where it goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions