$50 Star Note EG 01128553* Series 2004

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm just a CRHer. I know just enough about currency to be dangerous. When I got cash from my credit union to buy coins from Wells Fargo I looked through my currency and found a $50 Star Note. Series 2004, Serial number EG 01128553*. It is in circulated condition without any tearing.

Are these worth anything more than face value? Low serial number (leading zero enough?).

Any information you guys could provide me would be appriciated. If it isn't worth anything major, any collector want to swap me with something I am interested in (silver coinage) at equal value? If someone collects these, I feel guilty throwing these back into circulation for face value...

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Your note is from the first run of 2004 $50 EG-* notes which was a full 3.2 million note run, plus there were two other print runs of 2004 EG-* $50s totalling 4.48 million of them total. In other words, one of the most common modern $50 stars so not worth anything over face. Don't feel guilty spending it.

OP
OP
Dok Holliday

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Please tell me have some internet resource to look that info up. If you know that off the top of your head, I'd feel pretty stupid....

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mycurrencycollection.com is what i use for looking up star notes

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
mdockter said:
Please tell me have some internet resource to look that info up. If you know that off the top of your head, I'd feel pretty stupid....

I do know of a few online resources, however yes, I did know that off the top of my head. Don't feel stupid, I've been in this game awhile lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread