Started building a 6" dredge

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I have pieces of aluminum that i can add to finish a one feet piece seperator to make a over and under sluice that could have two different riffle tray. I could detach the first riffle tray and test my sample hole. Ill have the best of over and under thats haves a larger area for the the finner material and still being able to test pan the first riffles only without having to clean the rest of the box. I found the 3/16 punch plate.. I just need is a upper mesh to run about 2' starting from the beginning of the punch plate and over about a foot of riffles. I also called yesterday to follow up on the 5" hose and they unfortunalety ran out of it. So i have no other choice but to buy about 15' of 6'.

Last edited:

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi P.. If your questioning your jet and pump combo you should hook up the jet to the pump and run it with a pressure gauge to see if you can reach 30-35psi prior to buying any hose and finishing the rest of the dredge. Just a thought.

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Hi P.. If your questioning your jet and pump combo you should hook up the jet to the pump and run it with a pressure gauge to see if you can reach 30-35psi prior to buying any hose and finishing the rest of the dredge. Just a thought.

Thanks Tim, ill try this out..
Probably next week ill let ya know whats my results.

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Heres the progress of my dredge ..

image-1440956604.jpg

I recovered my 4" dredge; engine and pump in the background..

Attachments

• image-4163473704.jpg
    image-4163473704.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3689722908.jpg
    image-3689722908.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 117
  • image-3054197285.jpg
    image-3054197285.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Im just getting back from river. Everything seemed smooth and in working order. I just couldnt push the engine into higher rpms because the 3" hose has holes in it and i forgot to take clamps so i had it tied.

The suction with a 5" hose with about 13' worked well in low rpms. I just couldnt accelerate the engine to check if i could had produce enough water to make the sluice work properly. I also felt like when i pushed the rpms the engine seemed to not be pushing the rpms it should. The pump should have been producing more water. The water coming from the pump wasnt shaking the hoses around like the 8hp honda motor with my ke201 pump. I dont know if this is normal ..

Im going to take the engine to be check tomorrow to see if i could get it to pump more water.

Russ..i believe maybe the dove tail riffles will need more water to work properly then the modified hungarian. I sure didnt get to see it working well because of the fact i could'nt accelerate it because when i did the hose came off.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread