Started the year off with a BANG !

AdamBuchanan

Jun 22, 2010
Keystone Heights, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hunters !! I was out hunting out in a field near an old base , I was expecting to find old coins or even an old dog tag or two ,, but never did I expect to find what I found,, After a while of hunting, I was empty handed and was headed back in and had a good strong signal,, I was figuring it was a can as strong as the signal was,, so i'm digging and at about 6 inches, I pop this pointy piece of metal,, I was thinking maybe a bell, haaa not.. I popped it out and and new it wasn't good.. I put it back and covered it up,, but then thinking about it,, I was like, I got to tell someone about this find,, so I call some folks and then they call some folks,, by the time it was all said and done there was quite a few folks from the neighboring base that had came and checked it out.. I had even the Colonel out and they come look at it.. They say,, yep,, if it was a training round from them it would be blue in color,, this one was a green colored.. but they said it was safe ! I figured they'd want it back for maybe the museum ,but they said nope it wasn't old enough,, ha.. It is marked 5-74,,anyway I was tickled to get to keep it.. Its not gold and I have yet to start the new year with gold, but its a find I wasn't expecting ! It says Fuze, and is a mortar tip, it weights about 2 lbs, and is made of brass.. By far a good conversational piece,, happy hunting all !

Attachments

• 2012-01-30_18-37-50_209.jpg
    2012-01-30_18-37-50_209.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 457
  • 2012-01-30_19-02-41_338.jpg
    2012-01-30_19-02-41_338.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know what will come out of the ground next, i'me glad it didn't 'go bang'. :P

Fossis............

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it.. bet it will look even more fantastic when its all cleaned up.. cool find.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok now thats a cool find :icon_thumleft:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011