Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello all, I just wanted to check in to see about the legitimacy of ordering the Stavr scoop from over seas. I know many people are using them and are quite happy with them. I have been going back and forth with Ruslan from Stavr in order to order this scoop. I thought this process would be easier.

I don't want to use "liqpay" because I do not want to furnish my bank account to someone overseas and the fact that I do not understand the Russian language, which is the only "liqpay" site they provide. I am also told that Western Union can be problematic. Also, the address he keeps giving me for a Western Union transaction is incomplete.

Is there a comparable scoop made here in the good ol' USA? Is the Stavr scoop worth the aggravation and possible risks?

Any input here would be appreciated.

Thanks, and HH
Fenway

Upvote 0

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Buy American. Go to Reilly's Sand Scoop in Pompano Beach, Fl for a quality stainless steel scoop.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody likes them, but i think there is to much to get one, instead i got the t-Rex made of strong stainless steel and has helped me alot, they have three models to chose from, and it's in the USA. HH

saxon

Mar 10, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Excal II, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may want to check out Stealth Scoops. They are made in the USA. I have the 720i and you may have seen me with it at the beach. It 14 inches long and works great - I love it. If you want to check it out in person, PM me.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took Sandman's advice and bought a Stealth Scoop, I went with the Classic, couldn't be more happier.

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's very ironic Fenway. I need a new scoop myself, and I have been tossing around the idea of buying a Stavr Scoop also, but I don't like the idea of givin' out my personal business either. I did some research on some of the other sites about dealing outside of the country with Western Union for one of these scoops and it was a mixed bag of opinions. Some were horror stories, and some of the transactions went very smoothly. The word was .. it takes about a month or two to finally get it in your hands, assuming that the transaction goes correctly. (I don't like that)
I do like the looks of his scoops though..and they are lightweight that is a BIG plus. And from what I heard, they are very nice, and very well made.

I am looking at the Stealth, and the T Rex, as well. I have an old RTG scoop that I have been using for about 8 years now, and just rebuilt it with a S/S lip. I'm trying to get a few more months out of it before I have to shell out the bucks for something else. I personally am leaning toward a T Rex (I think) .. but I would be interested in seeing one of those with a little longer front lip for a bigger "bite".

If you know of a source that might have some pictures of the T Rex in different variations other than the shorter one that is shown on all of the sites that I know of, I would like to see them too. I don't know about the Stealth??? .. I just don't think I would like the extra flat piece mounted on the back of the basket. I guess it's a kick plate for your foot. I'd rather have the back of the basket angled, and the handle also angled.

Anyway, if you come up with something interesting pass it on..I'm looking for a new one too.:icon_thumright:

Have a nice day,

Last edited:

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted a few pics in the tools section , but I could not afford to buy a good sand/water scoop so I made my own . I still need to mig the handle bracket on and two small supports and then decide on the handle I want , so here are a few pics

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-2808030237.jpg
    image-2808030237.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 270
  • image-3955932597.jpg
    image-3955932597.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 270

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just spoke with Chuck at Stealth and he was very gracious with his time and filled me in on some history and other things MDing!
I like the S720i-tube (2014) version.

RG

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's very ironic Fenway. I need a new scoop myself, and I have been tossing around the idea of buying a Stavr Scoop also, but I don't like the idea of givin' out my personal business either. I did some research on some of the other sites about dealing outside of the country with Western Union for one of these scoops and it was a mixed bag of opinions. Some were horror stories, and some of the transactions went very smoothly. The word was .. it takes about a month or two to finally get it in your hands, assuming that the transaction goes correctly. (I don't like that)
I do like the looks of his scoops though..and they are lightweight that is a BIG plus. And from what I heard, they are very nice, and very well made.

I am looking at the Stealth, and the T Rex, as well. I have an old RTG scoop that I have been using for about 8 years now, and just rebuilt it with a S/S lip. I'm trying to get a few more months out of it before I have to shell out the bucks for something else. I personally am leaning toward a T Rex (I think) .. but I would be interested in seeing one of those with a little longer front lip for a bigger "bite".

If you know of a source that might have some pictures of the T Rex in different variations other than the shorter one that is shown on all of the sites that I know of, I would like to see them too. I don't know about the Stealth??? .. I just don't think I would like the extra flat piece mounted on the back of the basket. I guess it's a kick plate for your foot. I'd rather have the back of the basket angled, and the handle also angled.

Anyway, if you come up with something interesting pass it on..I'm looking for a new one too.:icon_thumright:

Have a nice day,
Check out the Stealth 720i...sounds like its exactly what your looking for.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
I ordered the Evroex 2.2 from Stavr with no problems, recieved it in 15 days right in my home. Paying with moneygram is not that big of a deal like most of the people make it look.

Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
There are some scoops on eBay from Latvia and Ukraine that look a lot like the Stavr scoops. The sellers accept PayPal. No bank account or credit card information is given to the seller when you use PayPal.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the Evroex 2.2 from Stavr with no problems, recieved it in 15 days right in my home. Paying with moneygram is not that big of a deal like most of the people make it look.

Same here Mex just about a two month wait and I had the scoop.
No problems with Western Union.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here Mex just about a two month wait and I had the scoop.
No problems with Western Union.

Same here, Western Union with cash, six weeks, smooth deal for perhaps the best made and lightest stainless scoop out there. I don't subscribe to the buy American attitude, I like to own what I believe is the best, and view the whole world as a community, and the guy in the Ukraine has a right to make a living too, especially when he makes a fine product. Fenway, I think the WU address he gives sounds funny but it is correct. Just ask him to verify it and send the $$$. He is a stand-up guy and you won't be taken.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here, Western Union with cash, six weeks, smooth deal for perhaps the best made and lightest stainless scoop out there. I don't subscribe to the buy American attitude, I like to own what I believe is the best, and view the whole world as a community, and the guy in the Ukraine has a right to make a living too, especially when he makes a fine product. Fenway, I think the WU address he gives sounds funny but it is correct. Just ask him to verify it and send the $$$. He is a stand-up guy and you won't be taken.
i agree...good post: Here we have about 29 Stavrscoop via WU...no issues - 6 or 7 stealths - 3 or 4 T-Rex's and about the same on Reily's......all about what you want for a few spins.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have my order in with Ruslan and he responded right away! No worries and I will go with the Western Union payment also!
I'll post how it all turns out after I receive the scoop!
HH!

RG

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my order in with Ruslan and he responded right away! No worries and I will go with the Western Union payment also! I'll post how it all turns out after I receive the scoop! HH! RG
Which one did you go with RG? I'm looking at the monstrik 9 because of the pointed top on the scoop. Seems like it would dig better in firm sand and shells.

Attachments

• image-296795319.jpg
    image-296795319.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Which one did you go with RG? I'm looking at the monstrik 9 because of the pointed top on the scoop. Seems like it would dig better in firm sand and shells.
I agree! I think that is the perfect scoop in shell and rocks, firm areas that are tough and areas that you find the gold!:icon_thumright:
Was this scoop in stock?
sand-scoop-monstrik-9.jpg

OP
OP
Fenway

Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Thanks for everyone's help! After considerable research I went with the Stealth scoop. I got it last night and will probably test it out tonight. It's an impressive looking scoop!

Chuck at Stealth was a real help and a pleasure to work with. Thanks Chuck!!! :icon_thumleft:

Fenway

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread