Staying "hidden" with orginal intent...?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7: When the Beer comes out that's when the Best ideas are created! "hey dude? Bet you can't fit in that toy box!" ....."oh ya!! I'll bet I can!! watch this!!"....."Hey!!!? come on guys! Let me out of here!! HEY...Wait Are we moving!! Let ME OUT!!! come on this isn't funny any more, I have to pee! GUYS? Hellooooo!!!"

tsk, tsk, tsk.....talking to yourself again. :laughing7:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tsk, tsk, tsk.....talking to yourself again. :laughing7:

That's funny!! Along those lines........I go outside to smoke. I don't want it around my son and hate the smell of it even though I'm a smoker. Anyhow, I'm going through coins lately, so my mind is thinking, I'm outside smoking, hands are going, I'm talking to myself.:laughing7: I look up and the neighbor woman was standing in her drive looking at me!:laughing7::laughing7:

She's probably scared of me! Lately I'm unshaven longer hair, it's all wild, going in all direction, etc.......:laughing7:

She probably thinks I'm insane! Well.....Maybe?:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK.... I'd like to thank all the folks who showed up today to help stain these soon to be donated boxes, lids, feet and letters! :laughing7: (I don't blame ya!!) While I NEVER held my breath for a miracle to happen.... A MIRACLE DID HAPPEN! My new neighbor I sold my other house and shop too SHOWS UP TO HELP....!!!!!!!!!!!! He and wife and good friends with us now.

Anyway, he helps me with getting two of them stained and I already had two of them done when he showed. So all total I got 5 boxes, feet and letters all ready for final assembly later. Just 5 to go!!!!

PAY ATTENTION: After all 10 boxes are final assembled all my T-Net friends are welcome back for a POLY party..... THAT'S RIGHT... another ridge top toy box party. I know the lines will be long so arrive early for screening.

All humor aside folks.... I'll post a pic on this thread or start another showing you all the 10 Toy Boxes I'm going to donate to the 10 area churches. I truly look forward to finally doing this after thinking about it for 3 years.... Brad

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Brad! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I would have limped down for the first staining party.

Poly party sounds great!....as long as theres beer its all good!

Its great you have nice neighbors.
We just got new ones....not too friendly. :(

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Brad! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I would have limped down for the first staining party.

Poly party sounds great!....as long as theres beer its all good!

Its great you have nice neighbors.
We just got new ones....not too friendly. :(

I absolutely know you'd help Karen..... and I wish you were closer to do so. BUT THANKS!!!! Even the "poly" party sucks and I'm starting to think if I even need to do a one coat poly coat...? I know it seals the wood and it does look better when done. But it actually needs 2 at minimum and these boxes are meant to be indoors at all times. YES I'LL PUT A COAT OF POLY ON!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's funny!! Along those lines........I go outside to smoke. I don't want it around my son and hate the smell of it even though I'm a smoker. Anyhow, I'm going through coins lately, so my mind is thinking, I'm outside smoking, hands are going, I'm talking to myself.:laughing7: I look up and the neighbor woman was standing in her drive looking at me!:laughing7::laughing7:

She's probably scared of me! Lately I'm unshaven longer hair, it's all wild, going in all direction, etc.......:laughing7:

She probably thinks I'm insane! Well.....Maybe?:laughing7:
Sorry for going off topic limitool....well , going off topic anyway.

Yep Nitric she probably does.
Don't feel alone.
I was arguing with a tractor fuel strainer that would not shut the fuel off.
Pulled it,got in touch with the vendor to return it...went to check if fuel had evaporated out so not to alarm the postal service (it had) ...then thought hmm, wonder if I blow air in the inlet side and play with the valve(above the glass bowl) if that will confirm that it won't shut off?
Hishhh,hishhh, dang it shuts off. Hisssh , cough ,cough.
I look across the street and the neighbor gal is watching , and not waving.....probably thought I was smokin something in a glass pipe.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for going off topic limitool....well , going off topic anyway.

Yep Nitric she probably does.
Don't feel alone.
I was arguing with a tractor fuel strainer that would not shut the fuel off.
Pulled it,got in touch with the vendor to return it...went to check if fuel had evaporated out so not to alarm the postal service (it had) ...then thought hmm, wonder if I blow air in the inlet side and play with the valve(above the glass bowl) if that will confirm that it won't shut off?
Hishhh,hishhh, dang it shuts off. Hisssh , cough ,cough.
I look across the street and the neighbor gal is watching , and not waving.....probably thought I was smokin something in a glass pipe.

Ya...I have a feeling I make our neighbor nervous..A lot of times when I'm out smoking I see her lights flash on her car!:laughing7: Like shes checking her locks from inside the house. I think....Dang!! I wouldn't take a thing from anyone! I just come out to smoke and look at the sky at night! Don't worry lady! I won't cross the property line!:laughing7::laughing7:

Sry limitool! I couldn't help with the boxes, so I thought I would just change the subject! Like when I ask my wife to help me and she says, Oh ya I have something to do in the garage!!!...............Wait? Maybe that wasn't her, that might have been me! :laughing7:

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
She's probably one of the ones that thinks it's "HER RIGHT" to force you to stop smoking...even if it means by a backdoor means, like....gee, like taxing the hell out of tobacco, and then claiming the money is going to help young kids with cancer!! If you open your mouth against that, you're made out to be pure evil. ...You know what? If that's the case, then I AM!! :evil6:

...Guess that's why we have no neighbors! :thumbsup:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I absolutely know you'd help Karen..... and I wish you were closer to do so. BUT THANKS!!!! Even the "poly" party sucks and I'm starting to think if I even need to do a one coat poly coat...? I know it seals the wood and it does look better when done. But it actually needs 2 at minimum and these boxes are meant to be indoors at all times. YES I'LL PUT A COAT OF POLY ON!
...I'd probably do a wipe-on finish, but something non-toxic, as it will be around kids, and very likely some young enough to maybe want to chew on the box. I'd probably go with Behlen's Salad Bowl Finish, or a similar product.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that the head of churches will not mention your whole name, of course, you could mention only your first name. God bless you.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that the head of churches will not mention your whole name, of course, you could mention only your first name. God bless you.

It's not that I really wanted to keep myself "secret" but I wanted the focus to be on the churches filling each box to a needy child, children or family. I just wanted to start the process and supply a means in which to honor of my daughter and grandson in my way. I can't thing of another way within my skill set. I now believe if I contact each pastor of each church and explain my "mission" everything will work out as I want, wished and desired.

UPDATE: I got 3 boxes completely assembled (100%) of 10. When there all 100% assembled all they'll need is the poly party day.... :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread