Stellar, Stunning, Stimulating...Sterling!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol' Sub has been under the weather for a week, slowly getting my mojo back...I went to a local park which is also a sports complex. I hit a big practice soccer field today and concentrated on the "kill zone," a name I give to the RF part of the field where the Right Forward player powers in for the goal. (I have consistently found rings and jewelry on this area of MANY soccer fields...it is a battle zone!)

Well, today did not disappoint. I got a minor explosion in my earphones and a solid, repeatable 93 on the ATpro. After super-gluing my eardrums back together, I barely had to part the grass to see this monster pressed into the soil...
Armyring1.JPG Armyring2.JPG Armyring3.JPG
A CHUNKER US Army ring marked on the inside, "J A F 950." This is my first 950 silver ring!:hello2:
This beast weighs in at 17.7 grams!

This is when it got fun. I said a "Thank you Lord" while holding it up, as I always do. Put it in the pouch and walked five paces (5) with five (5) swings of the coil and BANG, a solid, repeatable 88 on the VDI. I thought, "Cool, I can use all the quarters I can dig." But no, Mr. Lesche hacked down about four inches under the sod to find this:
Armyring4.JPG Armyring5.JPG Armyring6.JPG
A beautiful silver ichthys ring, marked on the inside, "Sterling Copyright M/O." Obviously two different drops, due to one being on the surface and one four inches deep, within 8-10 feet of each other!

I started another row of sweeping and dug this lovely relic, which I think should get me my first "banner", :laughing7: What say you?
Armyring7.JPG

Its good to be back in the swing, the weather was perfect, the soil soft and easy to dig. Happy Hunting to all, thanks for looking, Sub 8-)

Upvote 29
OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done Sub T
That 950 stamp can be confusing.
The high reading on the AT PRO (93), would definitely have me leaning towards silver.
Congrats on a 2 ring day
Yeah, I agree...platinum wouldn't read that high.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am thinking platinum possibility deserves the spit test and let us know!!! (Spit and aluminum foil will make it stink badly if its silver. Platinum won't react that way. Do it to both rings... If they both stink. ... Both silver! You know the one is for sure...

That being said, I am leaning toward silver with that high reading!!!

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt there Sub !! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread