Step son's first hunt

seabee89

Jan 7, 2015
Pike County Indiana
Detector(s) used
The old Radio Shack Special...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the step son out today on our three acre spread for his first hunt. He received a Barska MD for Christmas and pulled the old Radio Shack MD out of the shed. We filled a bucket full of trash - nails, pull tabs, pieces of old cans, etc but he was overjoyed with the 26 cents he found. Still a lot of yard left to dig, too.

Upvote 10

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif
Outstanding building memories with your son - Outstanding!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Way to go.!!! A new detectorist for sure. Teach him well. Teach him how to dig a hole PROPERLY, Teach him to Respect the Laws, Teach him to stay out oof Graveyards as well an to ALWAYS ask Permission. If he learns these Basic things then he will have a true Life Time oof Adventure. God Bless you both. May you guys have many happy years ahead. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
S

seabee89

Jan 7, 2015
Pike County Indiana
Detector(s) used
The old Radio Shack Special...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, we did a lot of work on holes today; his first looked like a mortar had landed there. it improved afterward. Very sandy soil today, so no harm overall.

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great, Glad you both had fun. That's what it is all about!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job.Fun to hunt with family can be expensive if they get hooked which they will.I always think what my collection of finds would look like if I started 20 30 years ago!!!Thanks for the post!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread