Stereo System

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I have an annual party that happened Saturday. Had to smoke a batch of ribs & tenderloins so I only had time to hit a few sales before I had to head home to fire up the smoker. Didn't find anything until I hit the last sale. They had a home built stereo rack filled with all Sony components including a turntable, dual cassette, tuner, audio/video amp, 5 disc CD changer, & equalizer. Nothing really special but the speakers were series III Bose 601. I hate dealing with selling anything that large but the price was right and I've been looking for a turntable. When I backed my truck into the driveway to pick everything up the lady started carrying records out. Turns out they had about 70 albums they were throwing in with the system. I haven't had a chance to check them out yet so no idea if any of those are worth reselling. Anyone in Alabama looking for a good deal on a pair of Bose 601s?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Offer free local pickup on eBay. Those speakers are selling for an average of $700 or so with $100-$125 shipping. Even single ones are selling.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've been considering the free local pickup just haven't done it before. I almost drove away without buying. I knew Bose were high but didn't check prices until I started the truck to drive off. When I saw sold prices I went back. They had moved it from inside the night before & only 1 speaker was working. The lady told me it worked before they moved it & she thought it wasn't hooked up right. I haven't even had time to check if they both work. Figured at $50 for the system it was worth it even if one speaker was shot.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I looked through the records yesterday. I'm not seeing a whole lot of value there based on ebay sales. Mostly 60's-70's bluegrass and country. There were several that looked like they would sell. unfortunately prices aren't high enough that it's worth the time. I may be able to sell to a local dealer that lives on the street behind mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread