Sterling- lots of it!

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my work truck having GPS and having to work almost every Saturday yard sales are missed. During my lunch hour I passed a yardsale and some fishing poles got my attention. My attention quickly went from the fishing poles to a table of Sterling Jewlery. I asked the guy "how much?", he said which one, I replied all. He claims it's his wife's and she just took the dog for a walk(perfect!). He tells me how about $15. For that $15. I got 6 chains, one is the heaviest chain I every seen, 1 bracelet, 1 charm and 6 sets of earings (some big). All but one set of earings marked. The crazy thing was it was 2 in the afternoon, how many people overlooked this? Where were the early birds I always hear got the good stuff? Anyway, today I am off to the jewler to get some cleaned and prepped for Ebay.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,I love garage sales you just never know what you may find,:icon_scratch:congrats on those silvers,,HH:hello:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last bunch of silver I picked , I had to wait for 2 other people before I could take a look. They didn't buy a single piece of the silver. I scored sets of Southwestern and Mexican earrings for $2 a pair, a set of cufflinks for $1 and the best buy... a charm bracelet for .50. I think some of these people must be newbies and are just looking for gold? I don't know. As long as I can get a good score every now and then, that's cool by me.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Real nice find! As for the late finds, been there. At a sale I hit one late afternoon I spotted a 925 ear ring, you could tell the jewelry had been gone through (scattered all over the dresser top). Threw it all in a box and asked how much on the way out. "$10?, how bout $5, Sure" Ended-up with lots of silver and some gold too. Forget exact value, but it was in the $1500 range. Ya never know.

Got any pics???????? We all love pics! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread