Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I found that house that was throwing away those old war medals (This one: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/435530-stunning-war-medals-nazi-medal-wwi-medal.html ) I had alot of worthless junk left over that I just left on the floor in my garage. I went to throw away the junk today and reclaim the space in the garage when I came across a treasure that I had previously missed.

This gavel has a solid sterling silver band on it with an inscription: "Edward C. Rauch - President - Schaefer Quarter Century Club - 1960". On the back of it under the handle is says "Sterling - Dieges & Clust".

I looked up Dieges & Clust and it turns out they were renowned jewelers who designed and made the US Medal of Honour, sports team trophies like the Heisman Trophy, and one year even designed and cast the Olympic medals.

Anyone have any idea what this gavel is all about and if it's worth anything substantial? This is so cool, thanks for any help :)

DSC08327.JPG

DSC08328.JPG

DSC08330.JPG

Upvote 7

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes its worth money, :icon_scratch: I can't give an exact figure but I imagine over $100. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome! Congrats!!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has the same name as the Zippo that you found.

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great eye! Didn't even notice that.
I did do some research and it turns out the Quarter Century Club is an organization of people who have had organ transplants and who's new organs have been working for over 25 years. Now that's a really exclusive club to be a part of.

Edit: I just realized, that if this guy was in the modern "Quarter Century club" ( http://quartercenturyclub.org/ ) , he would have got a new organ in 1935 - well before such a thing would have been medically possible. So I did a little more research and found out that he was simply working the same job for 25 years and that's what this reward was for. Boy do I feel stupid :D ROFL! It must be getting late :P

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread