Steve Phillips 2015 Alaska gold journal

ssdsupply

Feb 20, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
I am now able to put our Nome 2015 trip on our webpage . The articles were published in American Digger magazine and I waited to put on our webpage until the magazines had been published. Spence, Jimmie and I will be going up in May and will come home about the first of October . We have space for a few good men.(removed by mod) Steve Phillips

Check the journal out here

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
So we can see your shinning face. Sorry to hear that once again government overeach is infringing on our RIGHTS to mine our claims You are not the first person who has voiced concerns over the treatment of miners in Nome.

Attachments

• image[1].jpeg
    image[1].jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mr Phillips is a great guy and if you want to really get into dredging and gain valuable experience I would seriously recommend checking out his site. Sure it seems like everything breaks down and the blog is disconcerting in that sense but it's pretty much the freakin Arctic and that's why only the best turn a profit there no matter the grade of the dirt. He is just being honest about mining in Nome and few people give you the cold pun hard facts about mining there.

If you have future plans to dredge for a living this is probably some of the the best on the job training you could find for the price. You can't just go to anywhere and turn a profit without experience I don't care how good your claim is, there are so many other factors involved in turning a profit than the gold in the ground.

I think this thread is worth more consideration for those that want to possibly pursue gold dredging as a profession.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread