Steve Update ???

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Someone started a new thread yesterday on him. Seems he had to go in for some follow-up surgery yesterday or day before. That's the last I've heard. -Noodle

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve had to get have surgery again yesterday on his tendons to have one reattached...hes in good spirits and thanks everyone who's worried about him. he will be down about 6 more weeks... hh jd

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get well soon, Steve!

Nana :)

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
The latest that I know.Fri pm tendons came apart again! Mon Steve saw the Doc and requested him to remove the finger so that he would at least have use of the hand.The Doc convinced him to wait a wk and let the palm(150 stitches) heal more before they decide on the finger vs reattaching tendons for the third time.So right now he's in a holding period.He appreciates all the well wishes and thanks everyone. Ron

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow! I had no idea it had gotten that serious. >:( You're on my list, Steve. Keep us posted, WSdaddy. :-*
Noodle

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope the luck turns for you Steve. Thoughts are with you. Take care and keep your chin up.

Burdie

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that sounds awfull. i dont know steve other than what everyone who went on the hunt said, but i still hate to hear stuff like this. i hope he doesnt lose his finger.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
My family will keep Steve in our prayers for quick and speedy recovery and that he will keep his finger.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Just talked to Steve: He will have a tendon transplant on the 16th.It will take 6-7 wks to know if it's successful or not.If not,they will then remove the finger.He's still in great spirits and otherwise is doing fine.He wishes everyone well and HH.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve you are in our thoughts and prayers , really enjoyed meeting you and thanks for the advice you gave me at the hunt. Get better real soon. Evie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Just talked to Steve.No transplant.They found one tendon still attached so the doc says it can work the whole finger if they can get it loosened and more flexible.He's going every day to therapy for 2-3 wks.Only then if it hasn't responded,will they take the finger off.Guess it's another wait and see thing.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
That's good to hear. An extra prayer is on the way. Steve, I know it's difficult but hang in there cause you're tough too.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Just talked to Steve--the finger comes off tomorrow am,then a cast for a wk,then stitches out,heavy bandage for wk or two.He's in good spirits and says this is really what he wants.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That is too bad. Hate to hear it. Which finger? Are they taking the whole thing off or just a portion? (My son lost a half of his first finger, right hand, on a table saw. He manages well, but I was devastated when it happened. Told him I worked hard making that finger and he should be more careful!) Give Steve my best. Hope it heals quickly. -Noodle

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Prayers are on the way for Steve and his family. If anyone talks with him, give him my regards and let him know that we are praying for him during this very tough time.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hang in there steve your a class act 8)
dont let this little snafu get you down brother :-\

all the best ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread