Stevens Trail Tent City

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Steven's Trail Tent City

So the last few day's I have been making the long walk on Steven's trail and boy is it getting busy..Tents are poppin up everywhere and to be honest a little trashy..The river there is speckeled with man made wing dams for them to run their sluice..And it seems the heat is driving everyone to work in the river..The majority of those camped out at the trail are homeless taking advantage of the weather and remotness and the gold when sober..But if you happen to walk down to where Stevens trail begins again upriver and walk for a mile or so then you come across some real prospectors..My walks have been long for the last few days Steven's beining around 3miles and then another 2 or so to booths and then back again. The little panning I did do was nice but to be honest I spent most of the 2 days walking talking and swimming...Anyway here is a little gold news..Most diggins at the tent city is producing less then a gram..Upriver some diggings on the banks was said to produce 12 pennyweight in 8 days..(this old man works)..nice pickers allot of dust...Upriver from him some kid working the gravelbars and averaging just over a pennyweight a day... And past that well I will have to walk booth trail.. As it is a long dam walk back to Colfax!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you manage to video gold places ten times a month and no one else around? hehe. Lessons to be learned here folks!

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You found a mine, that was good stuff. It looked sketchy, was it?

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't say I found it as it on the trail but it is an awesome mine to explore..Some tight squeezes in some caved in area's but a nice example of a hardrock..A fun place to be sure though..I believe its about a mile from where the trail begins.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have and always done good but truthfully unless you planning on camping it is hard to get any real work done..

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
only place that charges is mineral bar...Down Steven's trail free...between yankee jims and mineral bar free(not legal)but to remote to be bothered..All long walks or steep..But worth it in scenery alone..

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
only place that charges is mineral bar...Down Steven's trail free...between yankee jims and mineral bar free(not legal)but to remote to be bothered..All long walks or steep..But worth it in scenery alone..

K cool thanks. Not sure if ill ever get around to it but sounds like fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread