Still getting out, heres a few of the better finds...Update, coin weight today.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still getting out, here's a few of the better finds...Update, coin weight today.

Some hunts and finds from the past few weeks. Hunted a few fields around my house, only found a few late 1800s coins and relics. My house to the right, castle ruins from 1107, left hilltop.
17Nov09House.jpg

Foundation of an old mill, I don’t know much about it. A museum curator told me about it a few years ago and I finally looked for it. Was not hard to find right next to a road I have traveled for 23 years, LOL. Yes, I filled my holes, those are mole hills in the field, LOL. Only found three late 1800s coins and an early 1900 coin, an 1800s buckle and early 1900s buckle. Lots of shrapnel as this town was heavily bombed in WWII.
27Nov09Grafmill.jpg

A field below an old homestead that sat on top of this hill. Found some late 1800s to early 1900s coins and relics, not much, and a few musket balls from a battle in 1704.
27Nov09Waldfld.jpg

A few hours at a drained lake. Found 5 pieces of silver, thick chain and left ring are .835, thin chain, next ring and pendant .925 silver, the rest are junk metal. Also found around 14 euros or $21.00. Grenade fuse mechanism is probably real as I found a hand full of live WWII ammo rounds, I stopped digging them as they were everywhere.
17Nov09Russfinds.jpg

A few relics from the hunts.
27Nov09Relics.jpg

Obverse of a worn 1764 silver coin.
27Nov09Sil1764O.jpg

Reverse of the 1764, in much better condition.
27Nov09Sil1764R.jpg

A nice little coin weight. As close as I can tell, it is a weight for a gold English full Ryal dating from the 1600s to 1700s. Weighs 7 grams. Reverse is plain.
27Nov09CoinWt.jpg

This little seal matrix came up last night after work. Seal matrixes are one of my favorite finds. Not sure of the initials at the top, G. or C.P.? A coat of arms with a falcons head. The seal looks to have been mounted in something.
27Nov09SealO.jpg

A negative of the seal raises some detail.
27Nov09SealNegO.jpg

Reverse of the seal, flat and plain with no indication of an attachment handle. It stopped raining so I’m going to try and get some swing time in. HH, Mike
27Nov09SealR.jpg

It stopped raining and dried off so I went back to a plowed field I have been detecting this week, the mud was not bad. I have detected here for years and found some great relics and coins. The targets are far apart these days but it still gives up a nice relic or coin. Here are the surface finds, the black spindle whorl could be 1100 years old, my second intact glass spindle whorl. An unusual quartz piece for this area, pipe stem, two white glass buttons and a blue glass bead.
28Nov09Surfinds.jpg

A few lead musket/pistol balls and a small lead seal. Found a few coins as well, early 1900s crusty zincers, aluminum 1921 and a worn flat Austrian coin from 1800.
28Nov09Lead.jpg

Found another coin weight, a king holding a large orb, reverse is flat. Surely dates from 1600 to the 1700s, I can’t help wonder if that chip defacing the kings face was intentional? HH, Mike
28Nov09CnWtOrb.jpg

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Still getting out, here's a few of the better finds...

Nice to see you post again.

Coin weight is a good find & so it the Seal (GP I think) :icon_thumright:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

You always find some great stuff. Nice batch of jewelry!

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Not bad...I detected around the Berghaus (1986 for about 30 minutes is all I had) found old Nazi party badge, probably belonged to one of the party regulars.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome back! Nice finds and great site pics! Thanks for posting.

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice bunch of finds and thanks for the great site pics ... beautiful area!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see you also dug a nesting weight.COOL!!

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Re: Still getting out, here's a few of the better finds...Update, coin weight today.

Great finds Mike, must be a blast digging history over there where it's almost limitless :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Still getting out, here's a few of the better finds...Update, coin weight today.

Thanks all for the comments! I have over 25 of these bowl weights, two complete sets or rather, compatible sets, LOL. They date from the early 1700s to mid 1800s. Updated the post with today's finds, found and awesome glass spindle whorl, surface find, LOL, and a coin weight. HH, Mike

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:hello:

Mike..... great finds and loverly pictures :o you live in a very nice spot :) the Black Bead or Spindle Whorl :P looks like Jet :dontknow: Black Jet comes from Whitby North Yorkshire(not far from me) just wondering what your thoughts are on that, or is it Glass :dontknow:

SS

WhiteHunter

Dec 28, 2006
Hampshire
Detector(s) used
E-trac,X-Terra 70, Ace 250 with Sniper Coil, Sea Hunter MK2

i enjoyed the photos and finds, well done :icon_thumright:

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

congrats on the cool finds, thanks for sharing and hh

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds as always Mike........Love that History!!!

Keep on Digging!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Still getting out, here's a few of the better finds...Update, coin weight to

That is cool, too bad he was smoked in the head, but cool none the less! :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Still getting out, here's a few of the better finds...Update, coin weight to

Bavaria Mike said:
Thanks all for the comments! I have over 25 of these bowl weights, two complete sets or rather, compatible sets, LOL. They date from the early 1700s to mid 1800s. Updated the post with today's finds, found and awesome glass spindle whorl, surface find, LOL, and a coin weight. HH, Mike
Wow!Two sets!Thats impressive!I have part of a set,but missing a few.Dug one today so getting closer :thumbsup:

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lots of nice old finds again. The coin weight it very sweet, I can't imagine finding things that old. :thumbsup:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Mike nice finds and thanks for sharing.

tinpan

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Awesome finds and beautiful country, thanks for sharing !

TommNJ

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008

ya better fill in those mole holes regardless ! people wont beleive thats what they are and will blame you :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: nice house ya got there and im sure a nice veiw also some killer finds. willy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread