Still hopeful of finding a cannonball.

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been lookin for a cannonball for about a year now. Was not sure with the settings i was runnin on the pitch program that i would be able to detect one. Found this tooth chisel today from the early 1900s. It SCREAMED in my ear at about 5 inches down. DEFINITELY iron! All i gotta do now....get my coil over a cannonball or frag!
Screenshot_20180202-021357.jpg

Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No cannonballs here but many railroad spikes, horseshoes, axeheads. They can have a low grunt to loud distorted scream. Don't count on one sound.

OP
OP
Digalotajunk

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No cannonballs here but many railroad spikes, horseshoes, axeheads. They can have a low grunt to loud distorted scream. Don't count on one sound.
Running the deus on "pitch" you can tell the difference. I knew it was iron before i even dug it. I could also tell it was going to be fairly big. I'm pretty sure a cannonball or frag will give me the same indication. Won't know for sure until i finally score, though. Thanks for the comments, and likes.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snagged this partial parrott shell and some of these frags with the Deus this past fall. Used Gold Field, which is similar to pitch mode. So keep searching in the right areas and it will happen.

20171026_165207.jpg 20171109_223529.jpg

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a few....over 30 years. Still waiting to find one from the Civil War but I have a few nice large frags. Mine are from the Revolution.

OP
OP
Digalotajunk

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread