🥇 BANNER Still Shaking! Found a few Morgan Silver Dollars

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Got into the woods here in White Plains, looking for an old school house from the 1905 - 1920 era, that was supposed to have been built on top of an older school from the 1800s. I had been out for about an hour before it started raining a bit of ice/sleet, when I got a deep bouncing 34, 36, 37, in Artifact mode. Honestly I almost didn't dig it because I guessed it was big, deep, iron, but I was getting ready to call it a day and hadn't filmed a dig yet. Glad I Dug It! I made an appointment to see a coin guy in Greenwich, tomorrow so I can get them appraised. I am super stoked!!!!:headbang::hello2:

Upvote 194

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! That's a video that can be watched over and over and over and .............

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now THERE is a "stress test" for the ol' heart. I had to show my wife your video Terry, to explain why I sometimes go wander around in the woods detecting. You just never know. Your video has been a daydream of mine for like 35 years. Your fine could not have happened to a nicer guy.

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I am late to the silver party but glad I made it! The shock of finding something like that after endless hours of digging ordinary mundane stuff....well, it makes it all worthwhile. I have detected off and on since 1978 and I have never found a silver dollar. To find a jar full is just outstanding!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Terry,, you put in the hours, days, weeks, months, and years. You deserve this Cache of Silver
Congratulations

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
recognition-awards-clipart-5.jpg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again buddy AMAZING find. Amazing you FILMED IT LIVE !!! Terry do you mind sharing with us how you filmed it live, Your Setup and Camera

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible find, Terry. You have done what we all dream about. A big congrats my friend.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again buddy AMAZING find. Amazing you FILMED IT LIVE !!! Terry do you mind sharing with us how you filmed it live, Your Setup and Camera

Hey Gary! I don't have anything fancy, just a small Sony Handycam, that is about 10-years old. I take it with me on every hunt - just in case! - T

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What did the coin dealer tell you the value was ..Nice Find

Most of the coins he valued at $60 - $75.00, however I sent a few to be professionally cleaned and graded, and those COULD be worth about $3,500 - $4,500.00 as a group, depending on the grade. My fingers are crossed! - T

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman..it’s true they say what goes around comes around,,and when a person is kind and treats others nice many rewards follow,,Take care out there.....

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you carry a tripod to set it up on ?

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sitting in my office, sipping on a 25-year-old Macallan Whisky, and twirling a coin in my fingers that was minted in New Orleans, 125-years ago. I'm reading all of your remarks, and feeling more fortunate by the minute to be part of the Treasurenet Family. Thank you all again for your great words of congratulations. It makes me feel so good! I hope every one of you will catch a dream find among the rusted nails and pulltabs! Now, maybe one of us will hit the Powerball!:occasion14:

You earned that sippin' whisky. I happen to think the New Orleans mint strikes were the finest. The detail is excellent.
Have a tot for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread