๐Ÿฅ‡ BANNER Still Shaking! Found a few Morgan Silver Dollars

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Got into the woods here in White Plains, looking for an old school house from the 1905 - 1920 era, that was supposed to have been built on top of an older school from the 1800s. I had been out for about an hour before it started raining a bit of ice/sleet, when I got a deep bouncing 34, 36, 37, in Artifact mode. Honestly I almost didn't dig it because I guessed it was big, deep, iron, but I was getting ready to call it a day and hadn't filmed a dig yet. Glad I Dug It! I made an appointment to see a coin guy in Greenwich, tomorrow so I can get them appraised. I am super stoked!!!!:headbang::hello2:

Upvote 194

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31โ€ Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
WTF!!!!!! Great job Terry!!! Iโ€™d be very happy to find one, but 26!!! Ho-Lee-sheee-it

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!!!!!So Incredibly Awesome!!!!!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up selling three of the graded Morgan dollars to a collector in Connecticut, putting one aside for my new Great-Grandson, and I had the rest mounted for my office. I don't want to divulge what I got for the coins I sold, but I will say I can now purchase a piece of land I have been drooling over for a couple of years in the Bradshaw Mountains of Arizona.

I want to thank all of you again for your Banner votes, and your kind and encouraging words! I only hope that you all will realize your metal detecting goals and dreams one day like I did when I found this treasure. After 45-years of detecting, I have only one thing left on my bucket list - a Spanish Real. :skullflag::notworthy:

Attachments

• P1090753.JPG
    P1090753.JPG
    825.3 KB · Views: 99
  • P1090751.JPG
    P1090751.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 115

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats again for the find of a lifetime! The display looks great. So I have been detecting for 5 years here in NJ and have found 2 reales on farmland. Come down here to the country one weekend and find one.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome, Terry! I am happy for you! Itโ€™s definitely a find of a lifetime. One you will relive every time you gaze at the 22 remaining beauties.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Those Morgans look great Terry. Get some advice on mounting them from a good numismatist as sometimes different materials react on coins in adverse ways over time as does the air itself. You want them to stay pristine.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Not sure how I missed this but Awesome Find - Stuff of dreams (certainly won't be passing up any can signals at old sites you never know could be a cache). Those coins look amazing

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terry, that is Truly a Find of a Lifetime. Congrat's on a tremendous save. I enjoyed watching the video also. Thanks for sharing.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Terry once again you deserve everything you got what a tremendous hoard. Am I assuming that youโ€™ve never found any Spanish reale?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Terry once again you deserve everything you got what a tremendous hoard. Am I assuming that youโ€™ve never found any Spanish reale?

No, Spanish silver is all that is left on my bucket list. Thank you for the kind words!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooo hoooo terry.....glad you got a decent dollar out of your sale....and ya still have 22 left !! Great stuff my friend !!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such an Awesome Find!!!!! I dream of the day of hitting My first!! Super!!!!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know how I missed this one but I'm not gonna miss congratulating you! Congrats Terry!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think they look great on my office wall! I get such a thrill every time I look at them. Thank you EVERYONE that commented here and sent me PMs! Now I have to get out there and get that Spanish Real in 2021. My first Great-grandson arrived February 1st, Cameron Liam, so the year has really started famously for me. I'm going to be dedicated to a personal project for the next month or so, and my presence on the forum may be scarce during that time, but I'll be lurking. Thanks again Brothers and Sisters, and Big Gold and Silver to you all!:skullflag::notworthy:

Attachments

• IMG_4604.jpg
    IMG_4604.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, Terry and congrats on your first grandson. My own first grandson is not yet 3y, but I am already considering detector options for him and looking forward to taking him with me as I did his dad.

I suggested early in this thread that your find would be appropriate for inclusion in Q. David Bowers book "Lost and Found Coin Hoards and Treasures". Having just finished reading this lavishly illustrated 466 page book, I remain convinced that your cache would be an appropriate addition to the next edition. The 2nd edition, the most recent, came out in 2019.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I think they look great on my office wall! I get such a thrill every time I look at them. Thank you EVERYONE that commented here and sent me PMs! Now I have to get out there and get that Spanish Real in 2021. My first Great-grandson arrived February 1st, Cameron Liam, so the year has really started famously for me. I'm going to be dedicated to a personal project for the next month or so, and my presence on the forum may be scarce during that time, but I'll be lurking. Thanks again Brothers and Sisters, and Big Gold and Silver to you all!:skullflag::notworthy:

Wow! Congratulations on your first great grandson! Thatโ€™s the real treasure! Looks awesome on the wall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions