curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're (hubby) "wood choppers" here TJE, so still some left. :thumbsup: And also do the "southwest solar" thing where most windows are facing that direction, does work well. Yes, don't think there's any fox/coyote mixes. Speaking of animals, how's your pretty cat doing, the jaguar one? Think we can have a "cat commercial" in a "fox" post...:laughing7:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're (hubby) "wood choppers" here TJE, so still some left. :thumbsup: And also do the "southwest solar" thing where most windows are facing that direction, does work well. Yes, don't think there's any fox/coyote mixes. Speaking of animals, how's your pretty cat doing, the jaguar one? Think we can have a "cat commercial" in a "fox" post...:laughing7:
Heh heh, do you mean this guy CK!...Old Jag, once spring was here, got his freedom after cooped up here all winter..he would come and go as he pleased...then (typical Tomcat)...he came back less and less, but had people tell me he was fine (community cat) :) Think he's a new family that "he claimed":laughing7:

Attachments

• 2013-12-13 22.35.47.jpg
    2013-12-13 22.35.47.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 2013-12-13 22.36.27.jpg
    2013-12-13 22.36.27.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that's him TJE, beautiful cat....so he's a "tom"....you'll be lucky to see him I guess. But keep you're eyes open for "little jags" showing up maybe. There was a local large orange tabby that everyone here had visits from, sweet cat....we know he's the father of our orange tabby.;) Thanks for the "cat break & update". :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see white cheeks, the big brother again the other damp morning...hadn't seen him but once in three weeks. And he wasn't shy (brave, as usual). He jumped right up on the same pallets I was leaning on for a few pics from 2-3 feet away! no zoom-in needed here!haaa (think the ph/camera clicks amazed him again).. He's looks good/healthy (getting wintercoat). :)

Attachments

• 2014-10-11 08.34.38.jpg
    2014-10-11 08.34.38.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 66
  • 2014-10-11 08.34.16.jpg
    2014-10-11 08.34.16.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 71
  • 2014-10-11 08.34.22.jpg
    2014-10-11 08.34.22.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Now that is trust!

Sure wish we lived a little closer, I sure could use some of those slabs for a water fall in the back yard.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures, TJE. Yes, he's looking really good.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaahhhh....love those pictures of White Cheeks TJE.:icon_thumleft: He is a very "curious" & handsome guy alright. Foxes are so pretty and (don't know if you know this or not?) when mad they're super scary. Went to a small zoo once and they had a fox in a "pit" like enclosure, where you look down at it. Well this guy was really screeching, sounded so crazy mad...but...guess I'd do that to if I was in his place, poor guy.:( Your pic's are so wonderful...thanks again for them.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaahhhh....love those pictures of White Cheeks TJE.:icon_thumleft: He is a very "curious" & handsome guy alright. Foxes are so pretty and (don't know if you know this or not?) when mad they're super scary. Went to a small zoo once and they had a fox in a "pit" like enclosure, where you look down at it. Well this guy was really screeching, sounded so crazy mad...but...guess I'd do that to if I was in his place, poor guy.:( Your pic's are so wonderful...thanks again for them.
Yeah CK, zoo's (seeing caged animals) didn't make me feel good when I was a little kid. Wild animals, free/in their natural habitat is all I've ever seen (purposely) since then :)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...think that's a good idea TJE, we haven't been for years. Speaking of "zoo's" & your "Jag"....once at the San Diego zoo I went to my favorite animal enclosure (Jaguar) and was looking to see them. Their enclosure was on a hill sloping back & up, quite long. Well I finally saw the black one way in the back, staring at me. Then, in a flash he charged straight down towards me, arriving with paws on the wire fence and his breath in my face....it was quite an experience, pretty breath taking. Poor guy must have not liked our staring contest...think it's a "challenge" to a cat to hold eye contact. Yes, "zoo's" while interesting for people, aren't such happy places for the animals......feel the sorriest for the Gorillas. :(

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...think that's a good idea TJE, we haven't been for years. Speaking of "zoo's" & your "Jag"....once at the San Diego zoo I went to my favorite animal enclosure (Jaguar) and was looking to see them. Their enclosure was on a hill sloping back & up, quite long. Well I finally saw the black one way in the back, staring at me. Then, in a flash he charged straight down towards me, arriving with paws on the wire fence and his breath in my face....it was quite an experience, pretty breath taking. Poor guy must have not liked our staring contest...think it's a "challenge" to a cat to hold eye contact. Yes, "zoo's" while interesting for people, aren't such happy places for the animals......feel the sorriest for the Gorillas. :(
Ha!..funny you say "San Diego zoo"... my mom/dad went there (back in 1959-60 I believe,before starting a family/having us kids)..said it was the most amazing zoo they ever visited.(little did they know, years later one of their kids wouldn't be fond of any zoo! :)
Yes, eye contact is 'even more' serious than 'body language' in the animal kingdom..I believe/and have witnessed.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJE...yes zoo's are sad places....I don't even like to have "pets" that have to be caged...got a bird as a gift (mynah) when I was little and felt so bad that it was in a cage the whole time (12 yrs) I had it.:( So made sure it was taken out as often as possible for baths & short flights (it's wings were clipped)....would NEVER have another bird that's caged. Always thought it was interesting that cats/dogs always look you in the eye....did you know it relaxes your pets to see you blink slowly? It's an "everything is OK" thing for them.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJE...yes zoo's are sad places....I don't even like to have "pets" that have to be caged...got a bird as a gift (mynah) when I was little and felt so bad that it was in a cage the whole time (12 yrs) I had it.:( So made sure it was taken out as often as possible for baths & short flights (it's wings were clipped)....would NEVER have another bird that's caged. Always thought it was interesting that cats/dogs always look you in the eye....did you know it relaxes your pets to see you blink slowly? It's an "everything is OK" thing for them.

Didn't know that CK, but then again..I think odds are, if I'm the one to 'blink slowly'..it's too late! (goodnight Irene!) heh heh!

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just another quick pic of White Cheeks..soaking up the morning sun/heat after a rainy night :)

Attachments

• 2014-10-11 08.33.20-1.jpg
    2014-10-11 08.33.20-1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 65

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such an adorable picture of white cheeks...so relaxed looking, like he's a loyal pet, waiting to be played with. On the "blinking" thing TJE...it works with "pets"...don't know that I'd try it with things that would "eat" you...:laughing7:

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing and wonderful thread. Bet you never imagined it would continue so long! Keep us updated- far better than TV! ;) Yakker

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing and wonderful thread. Bet you never imagined it would continue so long! Keep us updated- far better than TV! ;) Yakker

Heh Heh, hello Yakker, I think..them losing their mother when they where quite young (just old enough to mouse on their own) is the reason they've not moved on. will try to tell "their" story..(as long these two allow me, and they survive! :)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..these two kids...oops! .. I mean kits! haa!.. make me shake my head and smile every time they "pop up". Today, it was the little sister Square Tail who 'popped up'. Forgot to mention...last time I seen her (week or so ago) she had just .."one"!..a single porcupine quill sticking out from the very tip of her nose (perfectly straight out like an antenna!). Made me think.. "damn! wish I could catch you and remove it for you"!!
But knew it was impossible, then, here she shows up a week or so later and it's gone (whether she snapped/broke it off or actually 'pulled it' out her own with her paws I'll never know)..just glad to see her and seems she's still doing fine. ;)

Attachments

• 2014-10-21 08.33.36.jpg
    2014-10-21 08.33.36.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 2014-10-21 08.38.26.jpg
    2014-10-21 08.38.26.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 2014-10-21 08.37.27.jpg
    2014-10-21 08.37.27.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, only White Cheeks ( the boy ) showed up this past week early one morn (pic)...he's looking fine/healthy, and no injuries. No sign of 'little sister' Square Tail though...hope she's fine too, and see her again.

Attachments

• 2014-10-22 09.16.05.jpg
    2014-10-22 09.16.05.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, no pics..didn't have the ph./camera ready...but glad to see young Square Tail (the girl) showed up/pranced by.. two morns in a row this past week. She's got a beautiful 'full' winter coat on her already...maybe pics to share this week ;)...now it's White Cheeks (the boy)...haven't seen for some time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread