OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: TJE....you know I had to bump this post back up...;) OK, so what's the "new" news about "our kids"...hope it's not :( but I've got to know...or maybe you said something about them in another post? I just got online so don't know :dontknow:
Well CK, I think White Cheeks (haven't seen in a while, being a young male in his first winter) he may have headed off for a new territory?...his sister Square Tail though, has stayed and is still around. Think she will inherit her mothers 'turf'. Here's the last pic of her early morn this past December..(don't know what she was yipping at) as she was looking towards the bush? :)

Attachments

• 2014-11-27 09.25.14.jpg
    2014-11-27 09.25.14.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 77

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheeeuh....so it's good news, that makes me happy. :) Yes, little-big boy White cheeks will probably be gone most of the time now, but he may come visit once in a while. And Square tail knows where her home is, with you good guys!:icon_thumright: I love this post & it's good to be back....weather note...we just got 6 inches of new snow. How is it for you up there?

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheeeuh....so it's good news, that makes me happy. :) Yes, little-big boy White cheeks will probably be gone most of the time now, but he may come visit once in a while. And Square tail knows where her home is, with you good guys!:icon_thumright: I love this post & it's good to be back....weather note...we just got 6 inches of new snow. How is it for you up there?

Weather wise, we had over a foot of snow..then all melted (green grass & Xmas) for last 3 wks of Dec..Now snow since Jan.1st. Mild winter for now.. 8" of snow but the bay is wide open (no ice). Cold is coming though, mid-Jan. to end of Feb. is usually nasty/but nice weather HA! Seen winter weather was headed all the down west coast to you folks (some moisture for the ground) when it melts! ;)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a fun post watching these beautiful little critters grow up and I guess it was to be expected they would all eventually grow up and move on. Hopefully some will make return visits once in a while and you'll be around to see them. They may ever come back to raise up another generation, being it's a safe place to grow up and all. I had fox around here maybe up to 15 years ago. The Coyote moved them out over territory concerns I'm thinking. I've found whats left of some of the last of fox in the area after those bast**d Coyote got a hold of a couple unfortunate little fox and one at night I saw as many as 4 Coyote running after one poor little fox, Hope he got away from those no good sob's. It's a sad thing at times, this business of nature :(

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a fun post watching these beautiful little critters grow up and I guess it was to be expected they would all eventually grow up and move on. Hopefully some will make return visits once in a while and you'll be around to see them. They may ever come back to raise up another generation, being it's a safe place to grow up and all. I had fox around here maybe up to 15 years ago. The Coyote moved them out over territory concerns I'm thinking. I've found whats left of some of the last of fox in the area after those bast**d Coyote got a hold of a couple unfortunate little fox and one at night I saw as many as 4 Coyote running after one poor little fox, Hope he got away from those no good sob's. It's a sad thing at times, this business of nature :(

That's right TR, 'Nature'...beautiful, and ugly at times too. Hope little Square Tail lasts her first winter...and brings her young out of the bush here...just like her mother did. :)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I hope Tamrock and TJE are right about another generation for TJE to photograph and show us. Would be wonderful. Thanks again, TJE.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I hope Tamrock and TJE are right about another generation for TJE to photograph and show us. Would be wonderful. Thanks again, TJE.

Hi TR777, actually gonna go up to the bush in the a.m. and see if Square Tail is still around...easy to tell now with 10" of snow on the ground/and still falling, pack snowshoes for sure. At the same time, leaving my scent and tracks in the bush hopefully helps keep "her predators" away...coyotes/wolves! ;)

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute fox... looks like she wants to be friends with y'all, hanging out so close on a regular basis.
LOL

I think many people have "desire" to catch a wild animal and keep it for a while, as do I... but I don't think it's a good idea.
Captivity isn't good for animals especially when they've already grown up and know the outdoors. Not putting anyone down, it's just what I think is best for the animal.
My mother tells me about her dad giving her a baby fox when she was little, after the mom had been killed. She raised the lil fox, and it didn't already know wild life as it should be. Of course she was happy to have it... but... you know...

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute fox... looks like she wants to be friends with y'all, hanging out so close on a regular basis.
LOL

I think many people have "desire" to catch a wild animal and keep it for a while, as do I... but I don't think it's a good idea.
Captivity isn't good for animals especially when they've already grown up and know the outdoors. Not putting anyone down, it's just what I think is best for the animal.
My mother tells me about her dad giving her a baby fox when she was little, after the mom had been killed. She raised the lil fox, and it didn't already know wild life as it should be. Of course she was happy to have it... but... you know...

Happens many times, I know what you mean odfb :) but I believe, wild animals found too young/injured to survive (at that moment) should be "kept/prepared" for release back into the wild..their "natural environment/home".And though it may sound cruel but, let nature take its course. It's what "they" would wish I bet...compared to a cramped cage or pacing to and fro in an enclosure/zoo. Yes, your correct...she/he "in our eyes" are friends, but the pair of them losing their mother when they where very young..yet old enough and "luckily" enough to had just been taught to hunt for food made all the difference of their survival or death...We 'people/humans/friends' could not change their fate in nature. So, as I said here (earlier post)...in the a.m. I hope to see or find sign of Square Tail in the bush (inherited from her mother!) :)

Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....well TJE, you made my "6" inches of snow sound puny...lol....but then, that's the difference between "north & south", right? We'll be waiting to hear if you find any of her tracks. So have a great time out there & stay warm...:)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....well TJE, you made my "6" inches of snow sound puny...lol....but then, that's the difference between "north & south", right? We'll be waiting to hear if you find any of her tracks. So have a great time out there & stay warm...:)

Well, sorry CK, but 6" is just a sciff! LOL. Yes, sure hope to have her "sneak up behind me" in the bush again (what she did the last time I seen her)...and here I was big game hunting for my meat! HA!....a mere dozen feet away when I turned around..laughing under my breath.. quietly whispered asking her "what are you doing? go home!"...honestly believe/felt when she and I were stopped, looking at each other she turned to the right heading into the bush then stopped twice each time looking back at me...she expected me to follow her I think! Weird feeling/sense I had at that moment!
Anyway...Hoping for the best in the morn! :)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was probably waiting for you to shoot that wabbit for her. (?)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was going hunting with you, like with mom. That's to cute! You are truly part of her family/life, she's showing you that. And, as for my snow-sciff....uh.....sorry, tired got nothing. lol

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was going hunting with you, like with mom. That's to cute! You are truly part of her family/life, she's showing you that. And, as for my snow-sciff....uh.....sorry, tired got nothing. lol

Don't know what to say here :dontknow: LOL.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oops again.

Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you're throwing me off.....lol...think it's that "right-left" brain thing going on, plus "bedy-by" time...:sleepy2: It's "to cute" that she was following you & wanting to help hunt....lol

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well did a trek today to check for sight or tracks of the brother and sister...couldn't see much at all ha. Heavy snow fell till afternoon with already 6"-8" of fresh snow on the old snow from lastnight I knew not much chance for tracks (all covered). Same amount for tonights forecast (all week actually)..So will try again soon.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW TJE that's a LOT of snow! I can't imagine what that's like to live "snow bound", if that's the right way to put it? Sounds like it may be a while before you can really find any tracks....lol Stay warm up there and I'll be checking in to hear any news & pic's....thanks for being the "reporter". :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread