✅ SOLVED Stone Found Near Giza Pyramids, Egypt

gatzkerob

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this stone near the Giza Pyramids in Egypt. I was frustrated with the locals who were trying to sell me souvenirs, so I jokingly picked up a random rock from the ground and said this will be my souvenir. When I got home I noticed the rock had ridges "carved" into its sides and the bottom was chipped off. Did I find an artifact or are the ridges there purely by chance?

Stone Found Near*Giza Pyramids, Egypt - Album on Imgur

EDIT: I did find a similar looking rock while googling around: (I removed the link to satisfy all the "spam" accusers. Just search for "portable rock art" in google images)

Last edited:
Legally, can't pick up anything near the pyramids let alone take them home. If you tried to get this out of the country they would have found it on you at the airport. Either you are complete FOS or the biggest idiot ever. Either way you can expect a knock on your door from some authority after posting this. Can't believe the moderators haven't stepped in yet.

** Citation needed for most of your comments

Relax, it was on the ground in the tourist area among millions of other rocks. Perhaps I should have poured all the sand grains from my shoes before leaving too? Where does one draw the line?

At least respect the fact that I'm here trying to find out if it's an artifact before tossing it.

Upvote 0
welcome gatzkerob ! I clicked your Link.
Interesting Rock ! Nice Keeper :icon_thumright:
My opinion petrified Something or it was Molded into that shape.
I call it possible Artifact. others will call it Geofact no way of getting around that :tongue3:

Sorry for the Rude comments from some ! Every forum as them :(

We been getting hit allot by spam lately,
I suppose some are on edge :dontknow:
Normally we do have allot of Helpful members.

but in the future leave your pictures up.

pictures work better then links.
especially in case someone shows up with the different opinion :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jeff, thank you for your respectful and informative answer, I'll hold on to it for now :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back