Stopped at the Bank of America Yesterday

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to deposit some business money. After transaction was completed, teller asked if I needed anything else. Asked if there were any half dollars. She stated she had about $100.00 worth, how many did I want. Of course I took them all but what was really amazing was the drive through teller came over and told me there were no 64's in any of the rolls. :icon_scratch: Guess she had searched them prior to giving them up for cusomters. She asked what I was looking for and I told her the 1975 P half dollar, needed it to finish out my collection. :laughing7: She asked if they were valuable, told her that they were extremely valuable as I have been looking for one now for over a year and haven't found one yet. Let her look for that one for quite some time now..... :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Metalmole

Apr 6, 2011
New York
Detector(s) used
White's Classic ID, XLT spectrum, Coinmaster TR, Whites Prizm 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ArkieBassMan said:
FreedomUIC said:
$ilver$urfer said:
:laughing9: Did you score any 40%ers???

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Not a single one, but revenge is oh so sweet......

OK. I'm lost. Revenge for what? :dontknow:

Basically the smug look on her face when she told me there were no 64's in the rolls. Obviously she had gone through them and even asked what I was searching for......

I wonder if she knows that 63 and beyond are also 90% silver.... :icon_scratch:

Guess you had to be there. :laughing7:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A CLASSIC!! "there are a ton of these 1976 ones but no 1975!!", I think the teller deserves a little bit of a thrill, you should find an old half dollar wrapper and date it 1975 halves and give her the roll and tell her you kept all 20 of those 1975's for yourself. ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
lots of teller folks seem to know 1964 halfs are "silver" but oddly they seem not to know anything about about 1965 to 1970 40% halfs and I not wising em up about it either. ---when a silver blocking teller is dumb to your benefiet ( ie --they do not know about 40%ers) do not wise up your competitors :wink:

of course there are no 1975 halfs they made lots of 1776 - 1976 halfs instead for he 200th birthday of the country -- thus you will look and look for a 1975 and of course never ever find one -- dude thats sheer evil -- like putting a moron in a round room and telling em theres a free million dollars thats all theirs if they just go to the corner.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
-- dude thats sheer evil -- like putting a moron in a round room and telling em theres a free million dollars thats all theirs if they just go to the corner.
that's great!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread