Aquatek

Nov 20, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi folks,
Just wondering if anyone does things differently to me? When my 6.5hp pump runs out of fuel it stops really quick, the water in the highbanker/dredge combo obviously stops... I fill up with fuel & put a large bucket under the end of the sluice, start the pump & let it run for a minute or so then pour anything that's been blown out of the mats back through the system...... Anyone do it differently?
Cheers,
John.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pan it rather then dumping it back in. When I restart I go like 1/3 throttle flick some rocks and pebbles make sure my riffles are active then I throttle up to running speed. By the time I'm ready to run again nothing is leaving the box I pull the tub start feeding again. After I pan the catch tub...honestly I have never found anything in the tub but I still do it all the time.
A lot more tricky with a dredge considering your not supposed to refuel in the water. Moving the dredge tips and tilts your box. A lot of guys just refuel in the water!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply buy a flat baking lipped pan(cookie sheet),drill your mounting holes to match the engine,mount and good to go with secondary catchment for both oil and gas. All my dredges have used this setup for dozens of years once they tried that bs of no gas added on the water. Couple a bucks and 30 minutes work and no problems anymore-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread