Storage Wars

youk

Aug 11, 2007
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Sunray Probe
I lived in FL about 10 years ago and went to one of these auctions. I bought a unit for $55.00 that all you could see were 8 beat up storage totes, 6 garbage bags, some boxes and junk. The totes had $800 +/- worth of tools that I kept most of. The bags had clothes in them that I washed and sold at a garage sale along with knickknacks from the "junk" for $100. Cost me 6 hours to clean out unit and get everything ready for sale. Costs $40 to throw out non saleable items. Left over garage sale items were donated and received a small tax deduction (don't remember how much). So I did OK! Someone else bought another unit that had some beat up furniture and about 6 old mattresses in it for $15. When they pulled out the mattresses there was a Harley behind them. Saw this myself!! Don't know much about bikes but it looked to be in good shape.

May be rare but you can do well.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's even more fun watching the reruns.

Now you can yell at the player you want to win because you know what's in it :laughing9:

Apparently they have a new addition to the regulars when the new season starts this month. He is hated by everyone and seems to have a ton of money behind him too.. I guess Dave and some of he others will get a taste of their own medicine in trying to inflate the prices out of spite.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
tnt-k9 said:
What I don't like about the show is that it has ruined storage unit auctions. Now I'm sure there are a TON of people who go to these with hundreds of dollars jacking up the bidding. It probably will not be much fun to go to them anymore.

My cousins own a storage unit business, and they said that after this show debuted they went from getting 6-7 regular bidders to a parking lot full of cars. But get this - none of the new people who showed up even bid on anything. It was the same regular bidders. All the extra people did was clog up the hallway and leave a big mess. Now they only take registered bidders to prevent this.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
tnt-k9 said:
What I don't like about the show is that it has ruined storage unit auctions. Now I'm sure there are a TON of people who go to these with hundreds of dollars jacking up the bidding. It probably will not be much fun to go to them anymore.

My cousins own a storage unit business, and they said that after this show debuted they went from getting 6-7 regular bidders to a parking lot full of cars. But get this - none of the new people who showed up even bid on anything. It was the same regular bidders. All the extra people did was clog up the hallway and leave a big mess. Now they only take registered bidders to prevent this.

Realy won't help alot in my opinion.

I Register at every auction I attend,
but rarely buy.

Unless some auctions charge to register,
it's as simple as show a drivers license,
& Get a #

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread