Wild Justice

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone caught this one yet? Its about California game wardens and is all over the map. I find myself yelling at the TV so maybe I shouldn't watch. ;D

Maybe it just goes to show how scripted these 'reality tv' shows are. Yesterday I watched as they must have had 15 wardens and local media bust this guy for shooting a sea lion. I mean he deserved to be busted but why such a waste of taxpayer dollars?

The other day they found a guy with a spotlight and directions to a camp. They rousted the camp late at night and even had guys get out of bed. Sounds like unreasonable search to me. Maybe the guy was using the light to find the camp in the first place.

Then there was the time they entrapped the fish market buyer with a sting. I could go on and on.

I hate poachers, don't get me wrong. But this show portrayal of wardens doesn't fit many I've encountered.

I find 3 kinds: the field workers, usually friendly and helpful.
The counter hands, just put your $18 on the counter and go away bud.
The phone answerers, Why did you BOTHER ME? (I've reported a poached bear: "we already have our quota" (they really said that) and truck hunters "were they disabled?"

sheesh

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be a little more helpful with a tad more info, like station, day and time it airs :dontknow: :laughing7:

Sounds to me like it's on the Animal Planet network :icon_scratch:

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I do not see how they can convict any of the offenders. They repeatedly violate the suspects rights on camera.

It amazes me how much we spend to enforce silly laws. I guess that's why the peoples republic of California is broke!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread