Toronto,Ontario
Primary Interest:
Other

rockhoundrich

Jun 3, 2012
Redlands CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just keep them on 2 bookcases and display them proudly only thing i do for safety is i anchor the bookcases to the wall and the fragile ones i use a type of putty to hold them in place only fear i have is earthquakes and if i thought someone would steal from me i wouldnt let them in my house

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't think your average burglar knows the value of rocks. Around here the only things stolen are guns, tv's tools and someones daughter. I mean, how many rocks have you seen for sale in pawn shops? By the way, what are you collecting?

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use several shelves which I display my speccies on.
Only some minerals have an extra plastic box for protection and ease of cleaning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There are some beautiful storage devices out there. I have a lawyer's glass front bookcase that I used to keep mine(mostly geodes) in, then I got tired of that and put them in boxes in the closet. Then I gave all the fossils and indian artifacts away because I got tired of moving them. Now they(rocks and minerals) are in a big bookcase in the living room and people enjoy seeing them. Funny, after so many years, I hardly notice them at all. My big thing now is some old spanish "junk" I dug around here. Old spur, small grape shot or cannon ball, old very small square nails, few musket balls from an excavation in an important area of downtown. Fun to look at, but will probably sell everything at a flea market some day.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread