Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 191

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Well Dave,

I do know where the bank is, And it's never been opened, and I believe Carrol's dad passed by it many times.
So bring the Experts into it, let's make it a all for one and one for all, but nobody's taking the high five for solving the maps but ME!

Babymick1

i also know where the bank is,,,on the corner of apache trail and thunderbird street...i'm sure carroll passed by it many times but it wasn't there back then:occasion14:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'll Bite

The ledgen's of Native American's witnessed the Spanish filling a peek full of treasure. Yet two treasure teams blew and dug the place a new black hole and found nothing. Now if the Natives are wrong on what they seen then it makes sense.
Then why do the Peralta Maps depict it! The start of the maps, is the bank that was filled.

View attachment 1463758
Do you see the line, 2 equals 3. Now find the 1 if your treasure experts can crack it I just gave them the bank

View attachment 1463759

I hope this young lady don't mind me useing her photo but Dave have your expert zoom in on the right to lone tree point and take a gander at the four humps the'll match the line, the 3rd hump with the so called mine symbol, oh yeah the line is a river by the experts. Not So, Don't go rushing for the hump it's not there you must find the 1 to review the true site.

you better have a good map reader and some good boots your gonna need them, better be in good shape to or you'll join the dark side of the Ledgen's Dave and his Experts!

Now I believe I gave more on this form then you or anyone ever so it's my word I'll be Trusting for now on!

Babymick1

2=3 is located exactly between the 2 washes. 2 saguaros, 1's top cut off to make a 3 saguaro....2=3 is exactly where it is according to the Tumlinson stone maps. But 2=3 is not the original intent of those saguaro markers, 2=3 is Travis's reference to the area when passing thru jotting things down (later putting it to stone, his rendition of the area). There is an outcrop about 15 feet from there.

View attachment 1464802

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Speaking of Ernie, (on another thread) here's one of his stories. I happen to believe this one:

One time after coming out of the mountains with my uncle, Ernie drove into a store parking lot. He had dropped Chuck off, so he was alone. A dark sedan pulled up and a large Native American walked over to Ernie's car. Ernie rolled his window down and the man told him, "Stay out of the mountains". Ernie picked up his .38 from the passenger seat, laid it on the window sill and cocked it. The fellow, dressed all in black with a black Stetson, leaned into the window and said "Stay out of the $#@@*Damn mountains!"

A close friend of Ernie's told me he had never heard that story. I heard it more then a few times from Ernie and my Uncle. Chuck and I had a run in with the same type characters, so we both believed Ernie's story.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Do you think there are graves or sites sacred to Apache that they (Natives) are protecting or is it more likely a group of bad actors trying to intimidate others when they get too close to an area being worked ?

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Do you think there are graves or sites sacred to Apache that they (Natives) are protecting or is it more likely a group of bad actors trying to intimidate others when they get too close to an area being worked ?

Ryano,

There is one person here who has been promoting the story of sacred Apache sites in the Superstitions for many years now. Unfortunately, that person has proven himself to be unreliable in many cases. I believe his stories of the Apache is one such case. Other than the Tonto Apache, there has not been much evidence for other divisions of the tribes presence in the mountains. The Tonto were primarily in the northeast portion of the range. There are many books on the history of the Apache in Arizona, and an interesting subject to pursue.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Speaking of Ernie, (on another thread) here's one of his stories. I happen to believe this one:

One time after coming out of the mountains with my uncle, Ernie drove into a store parking lot. He had dropped Chuck off, so he was alone. A dark sedan pulled up and a large Native American walked over to Ernie's car. Ernie rolled his window down and the man told him, "Stay out of the mountains". Ernie picked up his .38 from the passenger seat, laid it on the window sill and cocked it. The fellow, dressed all in black with a black Stetson, leaned into the window and said "Stay out of the $#@@*Damn mountains!"

A close friend of Ernie's told me he had never heard that story. I heard it more then a few times from Ernie and my Uncle. Chuck and I had a run in with the same type characters, so we both believed Ernie's story.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

joe...i have a similar story that happened to carrol ingle....i'll post it when i get time this afternoon

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a run-in with a couple of natives back in 2004 or 5. They took some kind of offense to my having been down in lower Fish Creek Canyon one afternoon, and followed me to Tortilla Flat. The one who got in my face about it had been drinking though, so I doubt it had anything to do with any organization. It all ended peacefully, when his "brother" grabbed his arm and took him back to their truck. They headed back east and I continued into town.
Never saw them again.

Another time....back in '95....I gave a lift to a much older grey-haired Apache who was hitch hiking up Main St. in Mesa.
But I mighta told that story before.....:dontknow:

Regards:SH.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
My old friend carroll ingle searched for and found treasure in the goldfield area from 1948 to 1991
here is a story that was related to me 30 years ago by carroll ingle
In the late 70's he was hot on the trail of a treasure that he had been after for 10 years...he was close to locating it and he knew it....according to carroll so did a certain indian...carroll told me he showed up out there one morning and started getting ready for a hike up a wash that he was sure the treasure was located...just as he was getting ready to head out a big station wagon pulled up...carroll said a large indian got out and went to the passenger side of the wagon ...he opened the door and motioned for the passenger to get out..it was a woman and carroll figured it to be his wife...the big indian then opened the tailgate and pulled out a chaise lounge chair and set it up...the woman made herself comfortable on the lounge chair and the indian walked up to carroll and said five words.."did you find it yet?"..carroll looked at him and said no..but i'm going to.......the indian then told carroll to stay put ..and that he was being watched...the indian then took off up the wash and was gone 20-30 minutes...when the indian came back he didnt say anything...he just loaded the woman and chair up in the station wagon and peeled off out of there...carroll figured the indian was there to check on the treasure site to see if it had been disturbed and to put a scare into carroll...the fear tactics didn't work and carroll kept on hunting..he just trailed the indians tracks up the wash after he left
i knew carroll for many years and never had reason to doubt anything he told me and this story is no different

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
My old friend carroll ingle searched for and found treasure in the goldfield area from 1948 to 1991
here is a story that was related to me 30 years ago by carroll ingle
In the late 70's he was hot on the trail of a treasure that he had been after for 10 years...he was close to locating it and he knew it....according to carroll so did a certain indian...carroll told me he showed up out there one morning and started getting ready for a hike up a wash that he was sure the treasure was located...just as he was getting ready to head out a big station wagon pulled up...carroll said a large indian got out and went to the passenger side of the wagon ...he opened the door and motioned for the passenger to get out..it was a woman and carroll figured it to be his wife...the big indian then opened the tailgate and pulled out a chaise lounge chair and set it up...the woman made herself comfortable on the lounge chair and the indian walked up to carroll and said five words.."did you find it yet?"..carroll looked at him and said no..but i'm going to.......the indian then told carroll to stay put ..and that he was being watched...the indian then took off up the wash and was gone 20-30 minutes...when the indian came back he didnt say anything...he just loaded the woman and chair up in the station wagon and peeled off out of there...carroll figured the indian was there to check on the treasure site to see if it had been disturbed and to put a scare into carroll...the fear tactics didn't work and carroll kept on hunting..he just trailed the indians tracks up the wash after he left
i knew carroll for many years and never had reason to doubt anything he told me and this story is no different

What treasure/cache was Carroll looking for? Was it related to the cacti thing he was obsessed with?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
What treasure/cache was Carroll looking for? Was it related to the cacti thing he was obsessed with?

it was in the lost dutchman state park..although it wasn't a state park until carroll found a treasure there...then it turned into a state park

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I suspect the treasure he found was "The King's Fifth" ? Seems it's a well-kept secret but there's a book on Amazon about the search for it; is that book about Carrol Ingle's quest ? Hard to tell from the synopsis.

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Conclusion-Original-Peralta-Stone-Maps/dp/1425186130

carroll found two treasures...one was the kings fifth and it was in the goldfield area back in the 60's....the other one was in the state park.....the book on amazon is by someone looking for notoriety....nothing ever came of it....just some dreamer that sees images on cliffs ....carroll told very few people about the kings fifth treasure he found

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
carroll found two treasures...one was the kings fifth and it was in the goldfield area back in the 60's....the other one was in the state park.....the book on amazon is by someone looking for notoriety....nothing ever came of it....just some dreamer that sees images on cliffs ....carroll told very few people about the kings fifth treasure he found

That's very interesting, by "King's fifth" did you mean gold bar, or bars with the five points? Similar to Bob Brady's cave of gold?

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wonder if that book has copies of my dads papers in it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread