Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, A huge cyclone called Yasi hit Queensland on Thursday and what remains of this cyclone has now drifted 3000 miles south. Been very hot and steamy and the rain just has not stopped. More flooding expected.The huge amounts of water have washed large holes in the old gold diggings. Finally got out late yesterday evening for a few hours. Went up to the Windmill hill Mine site and around the old ore tailing dumps i just cleaned up. Found a tiny One Penny Weight and a heep of species of the finest yellow. ;D ;D ;D. Hit the site again this morning and got a few more. Sadly the rain and thunderstorms are back this afternoon. Sunday expected to be dry. ;D ;D ;D Heres a few pics of site and wash holes and some of the flooding.

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_0603.jpg
    100_0603.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 2,080
  • 100_0605.jpg
    100_0605.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 2,079
  • 100_0597.jpg
    100_0597.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 2,073
  • 100_0596.jpg
    100_0596.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 2,095
  • 100_0593.jpg
    100_0593.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 2,066
Upvote 0

Rooster Cogburn

Jan 19, 2009
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 + PROformance coil/ Vibra-probe 580 / Waitin' for enough finds to finance an AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen more gold in this thread today than in watching four weeks of that fake Gold Rush Alaska show on the Discovery Channel ;D

Bravo sir! Well done.

Quartz + Gold = beautiful! :notworthy:

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Thanks you for all the Great Pictures. I was trying to track the cyclone for 3 days, looking for any live web cams. I was searching for cams around-Inniscart-Mackay-Townsville- and Cooktown. I need to get a Mineral's Right Permit for Australia-goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I'd like to double Rooster Cogburn's observations: absolutely beautiful gold in quartz specimens. They deserve to be left together. Hope you can sell them that way!

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick
Beautiful Gold Tinpan!

Great photos too! The picture of the shallow water, with the milky white quartz chunk, and lovely gold attached, is spectacular! Was that a detector find, or "eyeballed" treasure? Love the shape of that piece. It looks like a sea lion perched on a boulder. ;D

CC

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, much cooler today and southern wind, The wife and i cleaned up the yard and mowed the lawns ,did a few jobs around the house. The duck is an egg cup [holder] and the gold species would be about 12 grams just a fair guess. Thanks for the replies and later this afternoon i,m heading out too another location. Thats if the roads are not still closed. ??? ??? ???

tinpan

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Tinpan,

Congrats on some very nice gold finds. Love the pics. My favorite is the one of the gold in quartz sitting in the water.

Thanks for sharing your adventure and the pics.

Ray S ECenFL :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Tin Pan :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!

Keep it up! We're with you all the way! :hello2:

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger
Rooster Cogburn said:
I've seen more gold in this thread today than in watching four weeks of that fake Gold Rush Alaska show on the Discovery Channel ;D

Bravo sir! Well done.

Sop, you've also been watching it. Only 2 more weeks left- wonder how much gold they will find. Also, you know these dudes didn't go up there scrounginh without getting paid big time. I may be a senior citizen, but I ain't that crazy :laughing7:
Bulldog1948

Rooster Cogburn

Jan 19, 2009
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 + PROformance coil/ Vibra-probe 580 / Waitin' for enough finds to finance an AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bulldog1948 said:
Rooster Cogburn said:

Bravo sir! Well done.

Sop, you've also been watching it. Only 2 more weeks left- wonder how much gold they will find. Also, you know these dudes didn't go up there scrounginh without getting paid big time. I may be a senior citizen, but I ain't that crazy :laughing7:
Bulldog1948

Since Dorsey left the mine he's been writing a blog about that show, btw. http://www.goldminingrealityshow.com/

I think I saw, on that blog, where he claimed they only extracted between 16 and 24 ounces. The Hoffman's are getting about $75k per episode and the others aren't getting squat, except for an ounce a piece on the final episode.
He says they would hole up at a local motel and work on their scripts, swim, and eat at the local restaurant. Also says his departure from the show was planned and that most of it is totally staged. The producers on scene stage lots of stuff and even have local residents, when interviewed, re-do their interviews after they tell them what they want to hear from them!

Sorry to derail the thread, but like I said, there's more real gold finding in tinpan's original post than that entire show. ;)

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pictures. Mother nature is tearing up Australia this year. Gratz on the finds!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great pictures telling the story of what your hunts have been like, loving the gold in the water picture. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread