Story time! The story of how A 15 year old got kicked out of a state park.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, those tiny pee brained government workers who think they have "authority" because their checks come from Big Brother. This is why I NEVER ask ANY government employee ANYTHING about my business of metal detecting. This is also why I ALWAYS wear camouflage clothing and have a wardrobe full of it. While we don't have cloaking technology yet it's best to try to remain as "invisible" as possible around the public when recovering resources whether natural or man made. I am in "good" with the local Park Ranger in the town I hunt a lot so NOT ALL government employees are TOTAL idiots. However it only takes ONE to ruin your day. Not to mention the local meddling busybodies who's lives must be so utterly miserable that they feel compelled to run and "tattle" on you for taking a few grains of color from a creek. This is kindergarten BS! I have had it happen to me and NOTHING burns my butt more than immature senseless morons ruining my therapy sessions of extracting trash and the occasional "nice" find from public soils. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the best sight on Treasure Hunting on the www. Take Tom's advice and you may end up better off for this little bump in the road. There's gold in them thar' hills!:icon_salut:

OP
OP
M

MinorMiner

Aug 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However it only takes ONE to ruin your day. Not to mention the local meddling busybodies who's lives must be so utterly miserable that they feel compelled to run and "tattle" on you for taking a few grains of color from a creek. This is kindergarten BS!

YES! That is literally how I felt. I imagine that they're the same people who act tough, tailgate, and excessively honk their horns whilst operating their motor vehicles.

OP
OP
M

MinorMiner

Aug 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold is in the hills and I will find it ;P

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try some garage sales, you might be able get a detector cheap. I got a Schiebel for 20 bucks last year. Now if I can get healthy enough to go in the mountains and use it.

products_mine_an-19-2_system_4.jpg

OP
OP
M

MinorMiner

Aug 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really in the market for a detector, the sluice is scratching the prospecting itch, but thanks for the tip.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most dust I have ever found in California came from the Yellow River in downtown Sacramento. Gold washes out of the mountains into streams and so on. I will bet there is a lot in the LA river. Never tried when I lived there. Gold is where you find it.

Johnny

OP
OP
M

MinorMiner

Aug 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You meaning specifically you, like I previously said, I'm finding color in a spot where people say there is no gold. Also, Sacramento is like 3 hours away, I'm in the Monterey Bay Area. But yeah, thank you, I will definitely visit that area soon.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES! That is literally how I felt. I imagine that they're the same people who act tough, tailgate, and excessively honk their horns whilst operating their motor vehicles.
Yet are afraid of their own shadow. Yes, them MORONS!:violent1:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minor, take no offense but, are you Canadian or an "Aussie"? They're the only people I know that "whilst" things. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
M

MinorMiner

Aug 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, neither. I'm an American. Whilst just seemed like the right word.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, neither. I'm an American. Whilst just seemed like the right word.

If you are indeed a fifteen year old you certainly are capable of articulating yourself quite well. Perhaps private schooling? Anyhow, thanks for sharing and I hope you have been "diverted" to bigger and better things. Screw them chumps!:hello:

OP
OP
M

MinorMiner

Aug 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thank you! I just read a lot (mostly online) and listen to people who are smarter than me. I will never divert from the gold. It is the biggest and best thing (after school).

Indeed, I position my posterior so that it may point in their general direction :thumbsup:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, thank you! I just read a lot (mostly online) and listen to people who are smarter than me. I will never divert from the gold. It is the biggest and best thing (after school).

Indeed, I position my posterior so that it may point in their general direction :thumbsup:
Just keep in mind..... the ones that make the most noise are not always the smartest! ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
M

MinorMiner

Aug 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep in mind..... the ones that make the most noise are not always the smartest! ╦╦Ç

That is very true. But then you have people like me, who are neither smart nor noisy. But I figure it's like Mark Twain said (not verbatim) "Better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is very true. But then you have people like me, who are neither smart nor noisy. But I figure it's like Mark Twain said (not verbatim) "Better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".
MM..... Mark Twain, Samuel Clemmons, was about 22 when he FLED to CA. The U.S. had just initiated the draft. I believe he served a coupla' three months then DESERTED. Check it out. I have not researched deeply into this. ╦╦Ç

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Greetings newfriend :thumbsup:
Unfortunately greentexting doesn't quite function as well outside the darkest (best) reaches of the web; really adds another facet to communication that one longs for when operating outside its native home.

Anyway, remember that the average IQ in America is 98, which means that more than half the country possesses a 2-digit IQ. You will be faced with such inanity for the rest of your life so the earlier you start figuring out workarounds the better. Best wishes and good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread