ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All I found today was stragglers. However some were very nice ones. Not one gold ring today and only one very small silver one. I haven't found a new hot spot yet but I am sure I will in time. I honestly do not know which half I found first. I expected both to be walkers. I was shocked when I went to the truck and noticed one was a Barber. 1904 is the date on that critter. One Washington and seven mercs and two war nickels were the rest of my silver finds.

Three buffalo, a 1928, 36 and 37. Four wheat's oldest is 1927. I found one item I didn't take a picture of. It is a tin. I opened it up and there is a condom in it. LOL I know that thing is old! The can opener is from Fago pop

One more thing I found today that I can get a picture of is a fishing rod and Penn reel. Pretty old I think and the chrome plate is mostly gone off the reel. I also got a pretty old pair of swim goggles with the lenses in them still. i will take them out also and get a picture.

Upvote 16

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silvers! To be honest with you, I would rather find a Barber half than a gold ring any day. I know some might call me crazy, but it is what it is.

If you have an 'S' mint mark on that baby it's pretty valuable. Congrats on your finds

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you ever clean your silver?....or do you keep them looking like garbage?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice job on the silvers! To be honest with you, I would rather find a Barber half than a gold ring any day. I know some might call me crazy, but it is what it is.

If you have an 'S' mint mark on that baby it's pretty valuable. Congrats on your finds

Thanks for the information. We have a WINNER!!!

Trouble is the details are lacking big time! (the black line on it is a hair)

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Do you ever clean your silver?....or do you keep them looking like garbage?

Well truthfully I never have. I always scrapped the water silver when I needed money. Now I am just collecting it.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that an old PENN fishing reel?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure is. Says Penn Peerless Number 9 on the side.

If you are real careful and patient you could probably open it up and clean it up and make it usable again.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh my, that Barber is worth a few bucks with that S-mint mark, congratulations! :notworthy:

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!! :occasion14: Electrolysis would clean up those silvers :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It's pretty bad when you are trying to sleep and thinking about today when you realize one of your favorite finds is missing from the pictures. I got up because I was wondering what happened to it. Well the ring got caught in my mesh bag and it didn't come out. I totally forgot I found it until I was trying to sleep.

Anyway, I have found a bunch of Acme Thunder whistles and others. This is the very first U.s. Army whistle I have ever brought up. It is one of the largest also. Sorry for the late edition.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information. We have a WINNER!!!

Trouble is the details are lacking big time! (the black line on it is a hair)

Woohoo! That's a heck of a coin find, even at F12 it's worth $425. It's definitely worth looking into having it carefully conserved. I hate to advocate cleaning a semi key date coin, but once the gunk is off it should be pretty sweet.

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You find more cool stuff in a couple hunts than I get all year. Congrats on another great outing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats SD! It really has been something else to watch your activities so far the summer. I know that I will regret this, but at some point how about showing us a pic of ALL the silver coins? I assume that it's a pile of several hundred black coins. I would also assume that you have a large pile of those water preserved smooth dated buffalo nickels.

Best of luck to you sir!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, I would love to have a place like that again.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congrats SD! It really has been something else to watch your activities so far the summer. I know that I will regret this, but at some point how about showing us a pic of ALL the silver coins? I assume that it's a pile of several hundred black coins. I would also assume that you have a large pile of those water preserved smooth dated buffalo nickels.

Best of luck to you sir!

I am up to 212 silver coins this summer so far. Last summer my total was 86. I have 39 buffalo and V nickels. I will take a picture when I put up my dive gear. I have 34 pieces of gold so far and I also surpassed last years total. It has been a fun year so far and I have a few more days I can play!

What is awesome is I haven't even done a quarter of this spot yet I believe. That is a quarter of my area over the waders heads. I really am hoping to stumble upon where a slide bottom was this year. It is a blast sitting in one spot and raking in silver and gold. I have done that twice on inland lakes and a little bit here.

I do hope my posts are still an inspiration instead of frustration because I know land detectorists and waders don't have many if any areas like I can get to.

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am up to 212 silver coins this summer so far. Last summer my total was 86. I have 39 buffalo and V nickels. I will take a picture when I put up my dive gear. I have 34 pieces of gold so far and I also surpassed last years total. It has been a fun year so far and I have a few more days I can play!

What is awesome is I haven't even done a quarter of this spot yet I believe. That is a quarter of my area over the waders heads. I really am hoping to stumble upon where a slide bottom was this year. It is a blast sitting in one spot and raking in silver and gold. I have done that twice on inland lakes and a little bit here.

I do hope my posts are still an inspiration instead of frustration because I know land detectorists and waders don't have many if any areas like I can get to.

I am a little soft skinned, so seeing all the treasure is a but tough, but... if it was that bad, I would go buy SCUBA gear! Most of us land hunter have never experienced anything like what we see you do. It's good to see someone "finding" instead of just hunting. Thanks for taking the time to post!
Best of luck sir!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread