Strange dig...........

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Went to the over hunted park after work today, took LQ & the dog with me. Didnt realize but it was damned hot, only hunted about an hour, even Charlie dog stayed in the shade! I got a strong nickel signal at about 2 inches, started digging & pull out this Gameboy advance game, covered with dirt. Ive bought LQ every Gameboy ever released & she has 50-60 games for em so I threw it in her direction & forgot all about it. Dug a quarter, nickel, dime & 11 pennies plus a pocket full of crap & pulltabs in an hour. Im sitting at my PC in my office & she just walked in with her GameboyDS & showed me that she cleaned the game & it works...........its Pitfall, a game she didnt have! LOL Has any body else ever dug up a video game that worked?
The sad part is everytime I get a nickel signal from now on Im gonna be pissed off if its not a video game!!! ;D

Attachments

• Pitfall by Activision!!!.jpg
    Pitfall by Activision!!!.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 535
Upvote 0

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Pretty amazing that it works. Those things will take alot of abuse. I find my daughter's everywhere and still they work.

Never know, do ya.

DM

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I dug up a areosmith 8 track this spring and it still work. Also dug a video" How to install your new garage door" and it worked also. Cannot tell you what enjoyment it was watching that one ::)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One man's treasure is another man's treasure!!!!!!....I think that's how it goes.....Nice find!!!!

J

james 101

thats cool it still works now if we can only find some mp3 players

Z

ZipDogg

There was a commercial (long time ago) about somebody digging up a Timex watch...so on my construction job I unearthed one, sure as shootin, it worked after I wound it. :o ;D ;)

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty..cool find, bet your daughter was thrilled...:)
Gypsy...a dug 8 track that still worked? damn, those things didn;t work well when they were new, I remember jamming matchbooks under them to make them play....Where did you find an 8 track player??? I tossed all mine FAST just as soon as casettes came out...:)

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I find it a little disturbing to hear that you have an 8track player to test that Areosmith tape Gypsy! lol This IS the 21st century girl! I cant believe you are old enough to know what an 8 track was..........is? My 1st car, a 1970 2 door Nova had a jammin' 8 track system in it, I had dozens & dozens of cool tapes too! (Carpenters, Air Supply, etc) LOL ;D

And MaineDigger, I gave the video game to my girlfriend! LOL She is a nut for video games, she plays "Bomberman" & completes all fifty some-odd levels without dying once! Im lucky to get through the 1st level without losing all 3 men!

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I found a watch today...however I had no luck...it is not working...It is a nice looking watch though...

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi a.p i the truth about you and games and i bet your the one sitting on the couch playing the game boy right now ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Neat, that it still works, Congrats!!!
Pitfall was a good old Atari game I remember all to well. I waisted a lot of valuable detecting time playing that one... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That game is like finding $20.00, congrats! HH, Mike

goldencoin

Gold Member