Strange find. Identifiction?

Oldhand

Feb 8, 2017
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! Long time reader and just signed up today as a member. I am glad to be on the site.

Have made some interesting finds today. One of which has me stumped. I don't even know how to word a google search for what I found.
Anyone have any clue whatsoever as to what the heck this is?? this was found in a field. It is Made of Copper. Appears to be some sort of "top" or lid to something.
The site it was found on dates back to around 1856.
Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
After reading the rules I have discovered that I should have posted this in the "What is it" Thread.
IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0452.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 5

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. I don't have any idea what you have but that is neat. Someone here will possibly know. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet I'm not sure could you get wash it a little more just rinse don't rub it, /Might help it looks old Thanks for sharing it someone will probably know what it is Tommy!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to say that !!!!!! Ive seen a few flasks with some sweet designs and made of silver

OP
OP
O

Oldhand

Feb 8, 2017
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VMI Digger,
I thought about that at first. What is probably not really clear in the first picture is the fact that there seems to be rectangular very small holes cut thru the surface. When it came out of the ground it was mostly rectangular and the edges were folded flat under the faces. I will rinse it a bit more and upload those pictures. The faces are indeed stamped / embossed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread