✅ SOLVED Strange massive formation in the marsh

tattvamu

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2014
Charleston SC
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
While flying over Folly Beach, years ago I spotted what appeared to be a massive stone circle in the middle of the marsh. I have made multiple attempts to take my small boat out there at high tide, to no avail. Is anyone on here experienced in maritime navigation so that I can plot the most logistic way to reach it to investigate? If anyone cares to see it, you can find it on google maps with the satellite view. I have researched extensively, and have found no evidence that a lighthouse ever existed here. In fact, if you compare the stone circle with the Morris Island lighthouse a couple miles away, the circle absolutely dwarfs the lighthouse. I also did not find any records at the library of any fortifications in that area. There is a nearby island that I could rent if anyone wants to go with me, because I fear going out in a sea kayak alone in the marsh. I'm not even sure the kayak can get me there, but since I don't have a hovercraft, I'm out of options.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I looked high and low on goog.e for this thing from the lighthouse local and couldn't find it when it was first posted....this is way cool. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dualshowman007

Feb 6, 2005
I know I'm late to the party...

Man I looked high and low on goog.e for this thing from the lighthouse local and couldn't find it when it was first posted....this is way cool. :thumbsup:
Greeting's all. I see I'm a few years too late, but I've been to this spot a few times, and its pretty cool. I do have some video of us out there if anybody wants to see an up close of it.
I also heard about the strange round structure and got my jon boat up the enarest creek and then went thru the marsh. There really isnt much to see there excpet the tabby boulders, but standing there was pretty cool.
Holler if you wanna see the vid.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread