streak still alive with a sweet find (pics added)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a little local road trip yesterday, drove to about 10 different banks. Picked up a total of $170 in dimes, $640 in halves.
Out of the dimes I only got a 1960, not bad for the amount I searched.
So far I've gone through $590 in halves. I've pulled 18 40%. All 67's and 68's. Hopefully there will be more in the last 5 rolls, I will open them tonight.
I FINALLY managed to pull a 74 DD!! My first one. I would have to consider this one of my best hunts in a long time. Good amount of silver, the 74 just sweetens the pot.
This puts my streak to 7 hunts now! My previous best I believe was 6 in a row.
I'll let you know if I find more in the last 5 rolls. HH!

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Re: streak still alive with a sweet find

timbobwey said:
I did a little local road trip yesterday, drove to about 10 different banks. Picked up a total of $170 in dimes, $640 in halves.
Out of the dimes I only got a 1960, not bad for the amount I searched.
So far I've gone through $590 in halves. I've pulled 18 40%. All 67's and 68's. Hopefully there will be more in the last 5 rolls, I will open them tonight.
I FINALLY managed to pull a 74 DD!! My first one. I would have to consider this one of my best hunts in a long time. Good amount of silver, the 74 just sweetens the pot.
This puts my streak to 7 hunts now! My previous best I believe was 6 in a row.
I'll let you know if I find more in the last 5 rolls. HH!
I has been a good 2 moths since have done a real Road Trip you have just convinced me to try it again when i get my Boxes 2sday will road trip my Dumps on Wednesday; thanks for the inspiration.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds and keep the streak going strong. Congrats on the DD. Glad to know there are still some out there circulating around!

apush :read2:

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Obe, glad to spark some interest in your road trip for ya. Hope you get a good score.
Apush, there are 74DD out there for sure. I couldn't believe that I found one, but it was there. A friend of mine found one earlier in the year, maybe 3 months ago. It was crazy because he hadn't been roll hunting for more than a few months.

Well I did finish the rest of the rolls. I found 4 more silvers. 6 more 67's and a 64, at least I got one 90%er.

So a total of 21 40%, 1 90%, and the 74DD. I'll take results like that any day. I found more silver halves in this one hunt than I found all last month. I will post pics tomorrow, can't tonight cause I'm actually at work.
Great holiday weekend so far. Hope everyone has a great time. I see a lot of good finds so far today, let's keep it up guys.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

VERY BICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ive never had a score like that, and i also REALLY want to get a 74 dd, ive been constantly looking, but no luck tho...maybe will get one in the next rolls, who knows! :laughing9: good luck, hh, and happy 4th!

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are some pics from the weekend

Attachments

• coins 001.jpg
    coins 001.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 320
  • coins 002.jpg
    coins 002.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 318
  • coins 003.jpg
    coins 003.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 313
OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys. Sorry the pic of the dime was kind of blurry.
I also tried taking some pics of the 74DD, they didn't turn out at all so I didn't post it. Anyone know how to get a good super close up with a digi??

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
timbobwey said:
thanks guys. Sorry the pic of the dime was kind of blurry.
I also tried taking some pics of the 74DD, they didn't turn out at all so I didn't post it. Anyone know how to get a good super close up with a digi??
I always use the macro setting for close ups, you may have a little flower symbol on your camera to identify that feature.
(Well, I just noticed you had a good shot of that 74 DD half, so you must have figured it out already) ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread